[Guide]How to setup your own Aion Server!

Edit: Got it mate, seems that eclipse link wasn't kosher. Moving forward now. Now for creating the database, do I create a login database and a gameserver database? Or execute both sql's into the same database? How many sql's are there total?

Either one, or two it doesnot really matter as soon as you specify it in your server properties:

Gameserver:

# JDBC database URL

database.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/-your database name here-

Loginserver:

# JDBC database URL

database.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/-your database name here-

go into your Gameserver/Config folder and edit the ipconfig.xml file

example :<ipconfig default="192.168.1.65"> <------ Enter your LAN or WAN ip there without removing the "" or the <>. delete my instructions, save the file and you're done. :P

</ipconfig>

if its not working give us more infos.

Well i almost have the same issue. i use <ipconfig default="127.0.0.1"> and set launcher to ip=127.0.0.1 and i can play fine, i use <ipconfig default="no-ip here because i am bored to change it everytime my friendswant to log in"> and try the launcher as 127.0.0.1/192.168.x.x/no-ip and i can't log into the game it says "cannot connect to server.".

Ho'kay. Not a bad guide btw, got some holes but w/e it worked. Core is compiled, database is setup, login and server batch looks good, ports are fowarded etc. Before I go any further I need to find out more information on client/server versions please. I found a patch that restores the client to version 2.7. Is that the latest stable/playable version? And if so, what do I need to change (files etc) to make my client and server negotiate (I don't see the version.java under tools anywhere)? I have attempted a login with the current client (3.0) just for shits and giggles, installed the noip.dll to bin32 and after login it froze up of course but it did make an account for me however, in the query. Lol.

Now these may be silly questions but, what server file version did I download with the SVN? How do you even know what client version to install? And where do you find the appropriate client files?

I also noticed a couple of "update" folders in the gameserver and login server folders with 4 more SQL's named inventory, index, and player.sql and accountdata.sql (login). Should I execute these into the appropriate databases?

Edit: I moved this post to its own topic on the main Aion page as it seems it has outgrown its correlation to this thread. Any advice would still be greatly appreciated.

After doing all steps you must change this one :

public class Version
{
/**
* What version should server support
* [true = chs, false = EU/US]
*/
public final static boolean Chiness = false; <------ this
}

in version.java before compiling

And then you must unzip this file : Launch.rar to the path of your Aion Folder.

for example : C:/Program Files/NcSoft/Aion

Yea this is where I am stuck I believe. I cannot find this file. I have checked in tools and almost every other folder with java files. I am getting past the login name/password and when I select server I freeze up. Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well, i gave it a try..

When I open SmartSVN there's no way I'll be prompted with that window because that repository doesn't exist ath the begining as the Aion Emu directory doesn't exist in Program files.

• 5 months later...