[Share]Anti Virus The Best

mg13gr

You know two of the thinks i want for my computer is:

1)Security(anti-virus,firewall etc.)

And

2)Full of my Internet connection

so i dont want my internet connection to slow down more :)

i was wrong kaspersky slowdown only the wireless connections

http://www.maxbastards.gr/forum/index.php?topic=3444.0 We have discussed about antiviruses...

What's my choice? ;D (i mess with internet a lot, as a hobby and professionally)

If you want protection on the internet, you need to do A LOT of things, but the best solution is linux (i doubt if you know how to use it, so let's leave it... Even PS3 supports linux now :P)

All in one suite ~> ZONEALARM SECURITY SUITE, the best firewall, and it's antivirus & antispyware are powered by kaspersky labs and are validated by the world's famous labs ;) The antivirus is a piece of sh1t if we compare it with kaspersky or nod32, but it's firewall and the rest options, make it the best all-in-one solution for Power-Users.

Antivirus ~> Kaspersky or Nod32? That's the big deal at the momment. You have to choose what suits you ;) Kaspersy has the best shield available, while nod32 is the most successful tool for removing viruses from your PC. Nod32 is lite, and it doesn't slow down your PC, while kaspersky with shields on makes lots of problems on ~3 years old PCs, or PSTN users... I prefer Nod32, just for being less resources consuming... These programs also offer the fastest updates available (in less than 1 hour from when a new virus is out).

Firewall ~> Even the free version of ZoneAlarm pwns everything :) (Well, they do not offer a stand alone firewall program, so you have to choose: Free or Suite). Kerio goes behind :)

Antispyware ~> Ewido proved that it is still the best company at this sector, choose it without doubts... ZoneAlarm's one is behind that :)

What about norton and the rest? Well, DO-NOT-EVEN-THINK using any newer version than 2004 (i don't suggest even that version :P). It will make your PC as good as a PII 333Mhz with MMX technology :P Also, not as good as nod32/kaspersky... And if you try to remove and you do it without formatting your PC, send me a PM ^^

AVG seems to be the best freeware solution... But do not trust any freeware program ^^

F-Secure is good, but if we compare it with the rest...

MCAfee is the old-company in the market, i don't like it as they are too slow (they offer updates every day or week damnit :P)

Bit Defender is good in removal, but it's shield... Freeware also..

Anyway, you choose ^^

• 1 year later...

i have AVG free... i dont really know if it works fine.. but

it has been a yeear or 2 and not virus yet ;)

LOL that sux...get kav ;)

also all those antivirus ( free ) say they detected falses virus all time...that way u think...humm it work..but its BS

• 2 weeks later...