Cached, L2Server Error?

heathen

Question

Hi,

Yeah, i'm having a hard time trying to make my server go online.

After solving the hAuthD error, i launched the cached (Cached_Advext64.exe).

That's the screen it gets me (don't know if it should be that):

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArnSojZ0gTEkqV5shHrVU7AD0PIX

So, i executed the L2Server_Advext64.exe file. Afther a while, my cached log look like this:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArnSojZ0gTEkqV_pTIjWxq7nM0XB

What's wrong?

Plus: anyone knows a tutorial on how to make a system folder so i can connect to my server?

short answer is you probably installed the db wrong, but you should contact advext about it, with the amount you're paying them you might as well take advantage of their support

I don't think it's wise to run L2OFF at Win10 in first place (if my eyes does not lie to me, you do)

Second, this is some minor errors, else than that CacheD starts sucesfully and now you should start L2Server and look at it logs if it crashes

Or just contact Advext support and they will tell you what is wrong exactly

Thank you guys for the help! Thing is that those files were on trial period, so i couldn't exactly ask for their help cause i didn't really pay for it xD

Turns out i moved to l2j. There's too much lack of information about how to run l2off. Also ppl say l2j is more customizable and that's what i want.

On 2017-08-25 at 1:35 PM, heathen said:

Thank you guys for the help! Thing is that those files were on trial period, so i couldn't exactly ask for their help cause i didn't really pay for it xD

Turns out i moved to l2j. There's too much lack of information about how to run l2off. Also ppl say l2j is more customizable and that's what i want.

You made a wise decision.
Good L2OFF files are pricey. There are nothing good and free at the same time, including L2j.
However L2OFF wins against L2j. L2j just tries to replicate L2OFF functionality, while L2OFF is mostly extended from previous leaked game version (for instance currently I have Advext H5 files which is Gracia Final but has support for ~98% High Five chronicle features). And yes, it's much, much harder to implement custom stuff or even modify simple stuff in L2OFF because there we (at most cases) do not have source code. Also there is no premade tutorial from NCSoft how to operate server, all tutorials are community-driven and some are outdated.

But if you are on launching serious mid-rate server with high advertisement budget, DDoS protections and other stuff and reliability is very important for you - L2OFF won't fail you.

Do your research :)

37 minutes ago, Griunvaldas said:

You made a wise decision.
Good L2OFF files are pricey. There are nothing good and free at the same time, including L2j.
However L2OFF wins against L2j. L2j just tries to replicate L2OFF functionality, while L2OFF is mostly extended from previous leaked game version (for instance currently I have Advext H5 files which is Gracia Final but has support for ~98% High Five chronicle features). And yes, it's much, much harder to implement custom stuff or even modify simple stuff in L2OFF because there we (at most cases) do not have source code. Also there is no premade tutorial from NCSoft how to operate server, all tutorials are community-driven and some are outdated.

But if you are on launching serious mid-rate server with high advertisement budget, DDoS protections and other stuff and reliability is very important for you - L2OFF won't fail you.

Do your research :)

Sorry, you lost me now...

You said it was wise to move to l2j but l2off wouldn't fail me?

I'm not sure if it is worth to move to l2off now. Prices for good files are much high  and i'm not a programmer, know basically nothing about it. Too risky to pay so much for something i'm not sure i can catch up without having to spend more money.

Edited by heathen

8 hours ago, heathen said:

Sorry, you lost me now...

You said it was wise to move to l2j but l2off wouldn't fail me?

I'm not sure if it is worth to move to l2off now. Prices for good files are much high  and i'm not a programmer, know basically nothing about it. Too risky to pay so much for something i'm not sure i can catch up without having to spend more money.

Yep, this sums it up. If you want to launch L2OFF, you need to spend money, lots of money, and they may burn if server fail after week or two. But if yoo do everything slow and right... Fruits may be very sweet :)

11 hours ago, Griunvaldas said:

Yep, this sums it up. If you want to launch L2OFF, you need to spend money, lots of money, and they may burn if server fail after week or two. But if yoo do everything slow and right... Fruits may be very sweet :)

I don't remember spending lots of money doing my server ;)

23 hours ago, eressea said:

I don't remember spending lots of money doing my server ;)

Maybe because (as you said it yourself at another topic) you have excellent programming skills and are fluent in the programming languages needed.

i couldn't even make it to start the server xD

40 minutes ago, heathen said:

Maybe because (as you said it yourself at another topic) you have excellent programming skills and are fluent in the programming languages needed.

i couldn't even make it to start the server xD

It requires just learning, reading, searching, experimenting ... but you're right, it takes some time and can sometimes be very frustrating; I've started playing with l2off in 2016/03 so it doesn't have to be years to start a server but I already have some programming background. If you get some "complete" extender, it's not so hard to get it running and people here will help you - but always try to solve the problem experimenting and/or using google and search on mxc first :))

On 8/26/2017 at 10:31 PM, heathen said:

It is definitely worth it, if you want to run C4, Interlude or Gracia Final. If it's Epilogue or Freya/H5, it's still better to run l2off from my point of view. L2j is just an emulator and never will behave exactly like l2off, on the other side it supports newer and/or exotic chronicles. If you're not a programmer, you can start learning with free files on the internet (it's very easy to run Gracia Final leak) and when you'll have some basic knowledge about it and want to run live server, you can to buy server files from someone who will give you proper support. BTW if you're not a programmer, paying Java developer will probably cost you more money than buying full AdvExt and paying support for it ($300 + $17/month for updates is not so much, any Java programmer would cost you same money for 10 ~ 30 hours of work depending on country; in Europe or US it will be more likely around 10 hours which is virtually nothing).

43 minutes ago, eressea said:

BTW if you're not a programmer, paying Java developer will probably cost you more money than buying full AdvExt and paying support for it.

Well, i wouldn't pay for any developer also. My intention is to learn and to do all the work myself, the thing is that i wanted to learn BEFORE i spend money on files, but basically everything you find on internet about l2off is old stuff with broken links. There's plenty more information about L2J and that's why im giving it a shot right now, also i hear that it is more customizable, which is the best for me, cause i want to add some good stuff that interlude doesn't have by standards, like 3 job skill enchant for example. Atm im working on it, got the files from aCis and im trying to learn how to manage this, but not gonna lie, i'm having a hard time with this too, this compile/decompile shit is making me lose it xD

So basically, im trying L2J because you can't find the necessary information to work on L2OFF without spendind money. Cause everyone who knows about it, is either banned at the forum and the links given are all broken, or is attempting to sell that information/support.

Edited by heathen

i think a big diff with l2j vs l2off on community devs is if you ask for information you will always receive it, there's plenty of people on here willing to answer questions you have you just gotta ask :) the main difference is we'll give any information but it's gotta be in a way that shows you're willing to learn not that you're just wanting someone else to basically set your server up for you - you might be surprised to know a lot of us don't really dig how much l2off is pay2play either and especially the prices of it but we're not here to help people make 1 month servers for some side money you know, people who are passionate and want to learn hell we'll give you every scrap of info we have no problem

1 hour ago, Anarchy said:

i think a big diff with l2j vs l2off on community devs is if you ask for information you will always receive it, there's plenty of people on here willing to answer questions you have you just gotta ask :) the main difference is we'll give any information but it's gotta be in a way that shows you're willing to learn not that you're just wanting someone else to basically set your server up for you - you might be surprised to know a lot of us don't really dig how much l2off is pay2play either and especially the prices of it but we're not here to help people make 1 month servers for some side money you know, people who are passionate and want to learn hell we'll give you every scrap of info we have no problem

I appreciate that man. But i didn't really get it if ur talking about l2j or l2off dev community xD

i really dont want others to do my stuff for me, my intention is to learn how to do everything myself.

Additionally the one thing that drives me nuts about l2j, which for some people might be a positive but for me it definitely is not, is the HUGE variability in packs and the variability within the packs themselves. I'm sure a lot of it comes from the teams developing the packs not really being particularly concerned about outside developers working with/on their projects, but refactoring for refactoring's sake happens a lot in l2j, you get people who base a pack on someone else's pack and then refactor all the packages for no other reason than to stamp their name on it, you get huge differences in the very basic of systems for absolutely no discernible reason and a lot of times datapacks are not portable between l2j packs beyond basic data definitions so if you change packs half you work has to be done over again. Diversity can be a good thing obviously, different perspectives and all that but when the end goal is the same for all (well most) packs, which is to replicate as closely what lineage2 official servers are, they pretty much all go about it differently and almost exclusively go about it in vastly inferior ways to how ncsoft did it.

L2off on the other hand is pretty simple, you have:

C1 server, multiple versions but only one is used/developed anymore (it's the one smeli's projects are on), there's been multiple extension projects based on c1 over the years but i'm pretty sure only smeli's survives.

C4 server, 2 l2server.exe versions advext used to use one (maybe still does? no clue) and vanganth/mostly everyone else used another. As far as c4 projects go atm you have some c4 extenders for fixes/features which aren't well known/used, interlude based on c4 you have advext and vanganth's extenders.

GF server, only 1 version public that i know of which simplifies things, advext/vanganth extenders again there's also eressea's extender, mxc's fix extender (a product of mrmac and myself) which is now outdated, there's probably lots more private ones but that's all i personally know of public projects atm.

While there's portability issues between extenders to some extent when it comes to advext/vanganth, usually it's very specific and data is portable between them more generally than it is with l2j, portability between c1/c4/gf servers isn't there but the underlying systems and formats between the servers is largely the same.

As far as customizability goes it largely depends on what you want to customize and what your knowledge base is. If you want to customize something core to a system and you know java yeah l2j is gonna be better there, but if you're just wanting to make gm shops, change npc behaviour - the basics, it's all about the same really, especially if you're coming at it without knowledge of either l2j or l2off cuz you're gonna have to learn it either way.