Hosting Company ?

I will open server soon and can't decide to host from home or just buy hosting services. First thing my internet is not too good around 50mb/s download and 4mb/s upload not even sure how much players i would host unrelated but if somebody knows it would be cool to know i got some server machine with 4 core cpu and 16 gigs of ram ssd + hdd that can hold decent amount of players but internet and security is why im not going for it. I would like to open with my server machine first because i wanna see how much players i get and than move it to some decent host. I've been surfing net for couple of days to find some good host with nice price and good machines and i found this dedimax that offers this plan 

GAME16VPS 16GB 

Machine is fine for purpose of hosting interlude server. I am interested in good anti-ddos service. What do you think guys ? 

PS: i would like to know how much players i could hold with 50mb's download and 4 mb's upload before the need of change host.

Edited by DontKnow

Hyperfilter or OVH.

From your home pc you can't do nothing with this upload speed. 

Yeah 4mb upload is pretty trashy. Can i hold at least 40-50 people for closed beta testing ?I called my provider and he offered me 2 solutions. Unlimited for 500 euro per month and since i'm not gonna make hosting company seems pointless and expensive. Second was to buy few packets like x4 50/4 for example and get op router that can handle that. But that places me at 70 euro per month and yet a bit trashy and unprotected connection.

Yeah 4mb upload is pretty trashy. Can i hold at least 40-50 people for closed beta testing ?I called my provider and he offered me 2 solutions. Unlimited for 500 euro per month and since i'm not gonna make hosting company seems pointless and expensive. Second was to buy few packets like x4 50/4 for example and get op router that can handle that. But that places me at 70 euro per month and yet a bit trashy and unprotected connection.

I hold 40-50 players on L2J with 8GB Ram and 1.2Mbps upload without Geodata.

500e per month.. Nah.. Just check what hyperfilter or OVH provide you.

I hold 40-50 players on L2J with 8GB Ram and 1.2Mbps upload without Geodata.

500e per month.. Nah.. Just check what hyperfilter or OVH provide you.

You mean MBps or Mbps ? My upload speed when i upload file reaches up to 600kbps. But when i do the test it says 4-6mb/s. How much upload geodata eats ? Cuz i have geodata i'm not really good with network. I just wanna know how much people i can hold in closed beta to know how much people i can invite. And how much upload would it take to hold around 700 people with the sieges going on smoothly and rb's. And if there is decent ddos protection that is not overpriced. I don't wanna throw cash per month if i don't really need to.

You mean MBps or Mbps ? My upload speed when i upload file reaches up to 600kbps. But when i do the test it says 4-6mb/s. How much upload geodata eats ? Cuz i have geodata i'm not really good with network. I just wanna know how much people i can hold in closed beta to know how much people i can invite. And how much upload would it take to hold around 700 people with the sieges going on smoothly and rb's. And if there is decent ddos protection that is not overpriced. I don't wanna throw cash per month if i don't really need to.

Speaking about Geodata for RAM side. Not about upload speed

Mbps or MBps what's the different?

To hold 700 real online I don't know exactly how much upload speed you need. Isn't only about upload.. But and the things inside of the server/pack.

Speaking about Geodata for RAM side. Not about upload speed

Mbps or MBps what's the different?

To hold 700 real online I don't know exactly how much upload speed you need. Isn't only about upload.. But and the things inside of the server/pack.

Its pvp server with cleared spawnlist. So couple of zones and 3 towns with custom npc's. Quests disabled. Droplist cleared as well. Rb's cleared as well , grand rb's + 3 custom rb's. There are a lot of custom codes for this and that purpose. Mbps: (Small "b") A megabit per second (Mbit/s or Mbps) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to 1,000,000 bits per second or 1,000 kilobits per second. 8 Megabits per second is equivalent to 1 Megabyte per second (ie. 8 Mbps = 1 MBps). Hence 1 Megabits per second = 0.125 Megabyte per second (ie. 1 Mbps = 0.125 MBps)). For example when i do online test it shows me 50mb download and 6 mb upload. But when i download file it downloads it 5mb/s and when i upload it uploads 600kbps. So for example if 1 player consumes 5 kbps depending on location i'm assuming this you could host 120 people in theory ofc when they all join at the same spot the upload needs would grow and you cant host 120 players at that moment (making siege lag etc.) I assume nobody did detail testing of such situations but i'm just asking how much aprox would one player take kps ofc depending from where he is playing it would warry so 1-10 kbs per player for example 1 being from same country and 10 being opposite side. To clarify my question how much upload would 1 player consume approx ? 

I will just let this here..

Contabo.de

Just buy with 13-14e for your beta..it can hold the players you say even for live server and as i have read they provide some ddos protection..still low but better from home pc

I will just let this here..

Contabo.de

Just buy with 13-14e for your beta..it can hold the players you say even for live server and as i have read they provide some ddos protection..still low but better from home pc

AMD Opteron X2150 1.5GHz 8GB 1 x 1000GB + 1 x 32GB SSD 1 Unltd @ 1Gbps 19.99€

And you can customise quadcore and 16 gigs of ram to total of 33 euros thats the cheapest solution for live server per month i think.

I'm still curious tho how much upload would player from europe consume. Anybody knows ? Closed beta wont be ddosed it will be people i know mostly 40-50 players running around testing crap. But for open beta i would start hosting on security provided server.

Edited by DontKnow

Croncos - UK
Blazingfast - UKR

Softlayer - US
Voxility - RO

All these 4 are 90% full proof highly secured networks. Can be taken down only if you piss off the wrong people just.

OVH pure garbage, can be shot down with a ping DOS tool. Anyone can piss on it. Own experience. Even with tunneling shit. Too much email spam also. Trash.

A single player on lineage 2 uses 24kbps tops. You need at least 10mbps upload for 500 players.

Thanks man. Was looking for this. 

Croncos - UK

Blazingfast - UKR

Softlayer - US

Voxility - RO

All these 4 are 90% full proof highly secured networks. Can be taken down only if you piss off the wrong people just.

OVH pure garbage, can be shot down with a ping DOS tool. Anyone can piss on it. Own experience. Even with tunneling shit. Too much email spam also. Trash.

I got really low as to none networking exp. I'll check them out. 

Why should someone rent from some random reseller ?

Why not straight from OVH in this case ?