Npc Broadcast Packet (Question)

Afou To Patisa

Question

Hello, i just wanted to ask how to update an npc's weapon live in server.

npc.getTemplate().rHand=7575;   its working but i need spawn it again to make draconic visible. 

Is there any packet or something to make this work? AbstractNpcInfo doesnt work neither decay, spawn me.  ty

5 answers to this question

No clue which pack you are using, but so far L2Npc (Npc on latest aCis) handles current l/rhand, aswelll as enchant level. You normally have those on L2Npc :

public void setLHandId(int newWeaponId)
	{
		_currentLHandId = newWeaponId;
	}

public void setRHandId(int newWeaponId)
	{
		_currentRHandId = newWeaponId;
	}

public void setEnchant(int enchant)
	{
		_currentEnchant = enchant;
	}

you have to spawn it AFTER the Npc edition, otherwise you have to broadcast character info, for example addSpawn from Quest.java can't handle it without a packet broadcast (or an edited version of the method).

So, for short version (method names depends about your pack):

final Npc npc = generateNpcWithTemplateMethod();
npc.setRHandId(itemId);
npc.spawnMethod();

or for already spawned npc

npc = retrieveNpcMethod()
npc.setRHandId(itemId)
npc.broadcastChangesMethod();
Edited by Tryskell

No clue which pack you are using, but so far L2Npc (Npc on latest aCis) handles current l/rhand, aswelll as enchant level. You normally have those on L2Npc :

public void setLHandId(int newWeaponId)
	{
		_currentLHandId = newWeaponId;
	}

public void setRHandId(int newWeaponId)
	{
		_currentRHandId = newWeaponId;
	}

public void setEnchant(int enchant)
	{
		_currentEnchant = enchant;
	}

you have to spawn it AFTER the Npc edition, otherwise you have to broadcast character info, for example addSpawn from Quest.java can't handle it without a packet broadcast (or an edited version of the method).

So, for short version (method names depends about your pack):

final Npc npc = generateNpcWithTemplateMethod();
npc.setRHandId(itemId);
npc.spawnMethod();

or for already spawned npc

npc = retrieveNpcMethod()
npc.setRHandId(itemId)
npc.broadcastChangesMethod();

Thanks for respond. im using h5. 

The only packet  i see for Npc's is  AbstractNpcInfo.java which accepts variable (L2Npc, Target Player) and doesnt work at all.

The broadcast options that npc's are given are only for StatusUpdate.  I want something like UserInfo() in L2PcInstance to update their rhand and make visible bow and the enchant effect.

idk whats the difference of spawn it using //admin_spawn command.. it refresh its template? If yes how can i refresh the template of spawned mobs without ruin the server? thanks.

final Npc npc = (Npc) target;

npc.setTitle(newTitle);
                    npc.broadcastPacket(new NpcInfo(npc, null));

AbstractNpcInfo is only a abstract layer feeding NpcInfo, SummonInfo && PcMorphInfo. It's not a packet by itself, it's more like a shared coat between 3 homeless people.

Edited by Tryskell

final Npc npc = (Npc) target;

npc.setTitle(newTitle);
                    npc.broadcastPacket(new NpcInfo(npc, null));

AbstractNpcInfo is only a abstract layer feeding NpcInfo, SummonInfo && PcMorphInfo. It's not a packet by itself, it's more like a shared coat between 3 homeless people.

So what u suggest? Delete npc and spawn it from database again?

If i do this 100 times for 100 mobs wont fuck the server? 

Maybe ill use the new NpcInfo(_

Edited by Afou To Patisa

I c/ped an exact thing of what you can use, it's part of //settitle admincommand.

It won't fuck server but it won't be optimized. The most optimal way is to provide hands/enchant infos before the spawn to benefit the "original spawn effect", which already broadcast packets to whom need it. If your hand/enchant call is based on a condition, it's the only way to do it anyway (and everything is written to make it possible).

If you knew the number of unoptimized things on L2J (and even worst, on shared customs here, on MxC), you would simply stop to develop.

Edited by Tryskell