[L2Off] L2 C1 Source Code

• 1 month later...

Reverse of L2LogD.exe is finished, all classes are defined, except for Memory allocator package. I'm exporting code and working to make it compile. I think, it might take next month or two.

This is in private repo so far, so PM me if you contributed, and want L2LogD sources earlier.

If someone wants try to reverse memory management unit - you are welcome, I can share IDA file (be sure you have some reputation, though). Otherwise, I think, I will use some 3rd party allocators (they are used for std and IO buffer pools in L2LogD)

Edited by MasterToma

Two branches were added: with changes for C1 and C4 client https://bitbucket.org/master_toma/lineage2-c1-harbingers-of-war/branches/

Tested with C1 Client and  C1 SINA server + C4 Client and l2server_fyyre.exe server.

Thanks smeli for help.

I found "hidden" feature in LogD.exe - performance monitor. perfmon.ini is needed to activate it. It checks for RAM usage, Processor's usage, etc, and adds results to DB

Original L2LogD.exe has problems with x64 PC (which I have). I'll fix it, but meanwhile could anyone check it on x86 PC? perfmon.ini file to be added in root, near to L2LogD.exe:

[PerfMon]
CheckPerfMon=1
Count=1
Interval=6000
Memusage=1

Perf1Title=Title
Perf1ObjectName=Processor
Perf1InstanceName=0
Perf1CounterName=% Processor Time

I'm working on BCP (bulk copy from log files to MSSQL server) feature from LogD binary. It has quite sophisticated logic, related on files from chat/ and in/ directories.

I would appreciate, if you could sent those log files for test purposes to master.toma87@gmail.com. I want to test different combinations. Ofc, all those data will be used confidentially

L2LogD source code will be ready on weekend. There will be also some minor but important fixes for PerfMonitor, ports, etc.

About 90% of binary is decompiled. However, I need some help here. What is not finished yet:
1. Memory allocator units (you have to be skilled enough, to define structures and provide proper names to members, variables and methods). 
2. More easier task. L2LodD.exe has 3-5 methods for parse item.dat, skills.dat, etc. I didn't touch this functionality yet, left it for volunteers. It shouldn't be complicated, since structure of those files is known, so it might be a good task for beginners (ofc, you have to be skilled in c++ still).

If you want to help me, I could send you my IDA database for L2LodD.exe. It contains all structures, renamed methods, etc. 

I will share sources (L2LogD and other in future) for all, who take participation.

During testing L2LogD, one more fix for origin L2AuthD.exe  was added:

https://bitbucket.org/master_toma/lineage2-c1-harbingers-of-war/commits/a7b736d7641348e7592e25c2018db5b338a6e5fc

Now L2AuthD.exe sends proper DB audit type for L2LogD. Looks like this bug in C1 AuthD was due to some incompatibility.