Smart Fake Players Engine?

I've been playing L2 again the last couple of months and it became pretty clear to me that many servers use bots to look populated.

However the bots are either running around for no reason or they are just plain stupid, making it pretty obvious that they are bots.

So i was wondering, if fake players are so in demand, should I make a fake players engine with extensive configuration and a fluent api for people to add their own custom behaviors if they want to?

I posted this a while ago. It is just a shitty code snippet that loads players based on a model player with random enchantments which just attacks stuff. I basically did that to see how many players l2 can render before it crashes.

However even on the video but mainly on my private messages, i got so many people that wanted to buy this (ofc i didnt sell it).

So my point is, are server owners so in need of a smart fake players engine?

Also are they willing to pay something like 100 euros for a license?

PS: Let's keep this clean and have a proper discussion.

• Upvote 1

Players definitely hate it and so do I, but on the other hand, server owners will always be interested in such engines, even if they admit it or not. If all you want is to sell this system, there's nothing to worry about.

I developed something similar - a couple of years ago, but it never attracted me to keep developing it.

Edited by Trance

So my point is, are server owners so in need of a smart fake players engine?

Also are they willing to pay something like 100 euros for a license?

i think is low price ...

but you can't derided real players 

this engine can be smart but is not human never

always is like as bot ... if you add and message then all know ( is fake player )

Edited by pirama

It would be nice to have as an optional custom system.

But for starting I would recommend a payed mercenary / follower system.

Add fake players to your party/command channel that act like real players based on their class.

I doubt any serious server owner will use it, because the first time real players know there are bots on the server, moreover ADDED by server owner (ppl already cry when you got L2Walker users, that's not for the server owner to use it), they will simply leave server (such as those fake player counters found on russian fork such as Lucera).

If you want to grab money, I guess yeah you can code it. Not sure about sells quantity, and ratio price / spent time (probably 150-200€).

You will probably get money from russians though, they like such "idiot" stuff.

PS : MMOs already don't do that for monsters (NPCs), I doubt you can do it for humans objectives.

Edited by Tryskell

I doubt any serious server owner will use it, because the first time real players know there are bots on the server, moreover ADDED by server owner (ppl already cry when you got L2Walker users, that's not for the server owner to use it), they will simply leave server (such as those fake player counters found on russian fork such as Lucera).

If you want to grab money, I guess yeah you can code it. Not sure about sells quantity, and ratio price / spent time (probably 150-200€).

You will probably get money from russians though, they like such "idiot" stuff.

PS : MMOs already don't do that for monsters (NPCs), I doubt you can do it for humans objectives.

You'd be really surprised if you knew the servers owners that pmed me for that.

I could pay a couple of big servers to add some code i wrote for data mining and then i can create patterns based on human behavior to create a machine learning scenario.

It is both achievable and feasible. The real question is if it really worths the effort. It will definitely sell let's just face it.

They already do fake shouts and fake numbers and some even try bots (obvious ones).

I could pay a couple of big servers to add some code i wrote for data mining and then i can create patterns based on human behavior to create a machine learning scenario.

It is both achievable and feasible. The real question is if it really worths the effort. It will definitely sell let's just face it.

They already do fake shouts and fake numbers and some even try bots (obvious ones).

h5 serbers using simple phantom afk system towns, for looks more populated ;d

h5 serbers using simple phantom afk system towns, for looks more populated ;D

yeah i know. i had h5 server owners telling me that phantom is shit and that it causes crashes if you load too many players :D

Lower than 150-200€, with < 20 ppl I wouldn't mind coding that (if your point is to make money).

Edited by Tryskell

Lower than 150-200€, with < 20 ppl I wouldn't mind coding that (if your point is to make money).

A successful server should make money regarding or not if this is an owner's target. Even if a server is not created to earn money, a successful one should earn thousands regardless what it has been built. Got it ?

As long as you keep moving bots by auto-attack(from 1 target to another, or wait till it spawns), they would never be "like humans" . Big problem in that is too define moving path that bot would use, for that you have to work out with geoengine , so you would know where are obstacles and where are free spots, and how to put your node path so bot would move in forward direction over whole area that he is in, but not just in single spot.

So thats all not so simple, and that things come in way of every game developer, not only sneaky creator of l2 emulators =D

Edited by LightFusion

I think income from this will depend how good is it going to be. There are few levels of difficulty here:

Level 1: Characters looking as AFK users

Level 2: Characters running around towns, teleporting, logging in, logging out

Level 3: Single characters farming

Level 4: Farming party

For even lowest level you need to handle receiving messages, mails, party requests etc but that is easy. Imo it is not worth to spend so much time to make single farming characters with so good AI that normal player wouldnt notice.

You need to consider:

- Changing the location of the character - not like pathfinder but like a real player

- Reacting to pms, pvp, cursed weapons

- Running away from stronger monster?

- Random stops, delays

- Going to town for rebuff

- How will they act just after grand opening?

I think that use fake chars to "trick" your players as an Admin is a very very bad idea. You can create something perfect but it's always easy to spot a fake player like a bot player.

Maybe an admin can use fake player to create particular gameplay feature like a specific event or something like that. But i don't see nothing useful to use fake chars to populate your server.

:) 

A successful server should make money regarding or not if this is an owner's target. Even if a server is not created to earn money, a successful one should earn thousands regardless what it has been built. Got it ?

I don't speak on a server owner side, but on a developer side. It doesn't worth to code that, for money, if you don't make minimum 2 to 4k from it. Got it ?