L2Jfrozen Opens Again?

but often uneccessary stuff so that other older contributions do not work anymore resulting in additional work. the main goal should be implementing all missing stuff in a certain sufficient way, the beautification comes at the end otherwise you will get stuck in the middle of nowhere

but often uneccessary stuff so that other older contributions do not work anymore resulting in additional work. the main goal should be implementing all missing stuff in a certain sufficient way, the beautification comes at the end otherwise you will get stuck in the middle of nowhere

Its not about beauty. Its about implementing things that help readability, standarize and helps to make things modular in a way. This is a huge failure of l2j.

So l2jfrozen site is up again and shyla/nefer are looking for some feedback.

I am just putting that out here.

Site: https://www.l2jfrozen.com/

Forum topic: https://www.l2jfrozen.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.0

Forum poll: https://www.l2jfrozen.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

Any thoughts?

It can only be a good thing.

The point here is that the acis trying to provide files as clean and as official like possible can be but on the other hand frozen is a more user friendly project with many customs. Both projects can be opened and both projects can fail or success the problem is in the administrators head. What i mean is that if the administrator that goes to open a server don't know anything about java it's 99,9% fail since if a bug appears he will not be able to fix it. Both projects are BOUND to have bugs , errors and lots of shits inside so if you want a "clean" project that does not have any custom code inside go with acis if you want a ready to go pvp server pack go with frozen .

Final thoughts . 

Do you have java knowledge and you want to spend time in your server code and code and code ? go with acis

You don't have java knowledge and you want to open something and have some fun with friends or other people ? go with frozen

simples as that.

i have more trust on frozen team....i dont know why but acis team dont full my eye ;)

Like i already said both projects have PROS and CONS

Acis PROS

Clean pack (when i say clean i mean no customs and useless code) (or at least Tryskell try to)

and

Big community that help in order to make the project more stable and more official like

Frozen PROS

User friendly with many configs True/False

FREE (Freemium ? what the fuck is this)

Acis CONS

Freemium ? Ok i get it that they want to get something for the updates but if you are going to share it anyway why should i buy it ?

Unfriendly to the user with all this xml npcs and items

Still basic features not working

Frozen CONS

No activity

To many codes (but then again True/False so i don't think that they can affect the gameplay)

and that's just a small fraction about the 2 packs.

Freemium is a simple concept, where you have to share to get, and which let you think about your own role (you're basically a leecher on open source projects, and 99% of people won't share anything - simply see L2J contributions amount and compare it with the mass of users to understand what I speak about). It "recalls" you to contribute, forcing people to share - either money or codes (and I personally prefer code rather than money).

Nothing scandalous, and the concept worked fine for the time it existed, enough fine to be used by L2JUnity.

There is no specific reason to make it paying, except for that "contribute or gtfo" behavior. I'm not interested by people who won't give a damn about reporting things / contribute to community life / don't share. Those people can freely go (or return back) to L2JFrozen - the real helping hands will continue to use and help aCis anyway.

There are successful aCis servers running, some since years (L2OvC series which made at least 2 if not 3 seasons with aCis when running on IL, best player amount 500) and few with 1k players (got 2 servers so far with 1k+ according server owners). There are probably more "hidden" successful custom servers using aCis out there.

About trust, my pack is alive since 6y and is stable since that time (no big revert) while L2JFrozen did at least one complete wipe and shutdowned for 5y. I also got no fear to rework things, while L2JFrozen philosophy is (was ?) to "visual fix" things. Finally I focus on vanilla aspects, but it doesn't mean aCis isn't ok for custom server - in fact it's the total reverse, it means whatever gameplay your server will be, you will benefit from it, unlike a pack focusing on customs.

I'm surprised to see idiots like Intrepid stating invalid things like if we were still in 2011. Or maybe because he just woke up like Baium from a millenium sleep.

Edited by Tryskell

Unfriendly? XDD It's way easier to add or edit npcs or items in xml, but I guess you mean that you were used to l2j that had more than 80% of static data in sql.

Besides some scripts which are basic for a low rate server, everything else is working. And as you said, if you choose aCis you need to pay a developer or have knowledge, therefore you can make them yourself or as you wish for your server.

I really do not see why would anyone ever choose l2jfrozen to open a server, unless he's clueless and wants to spend maximum 30 euro for the server.

I'm surprised to see idiots like Intrepid stating invalid things like if we were still in 2011. Or maybe because he just woke up like Baium from a millenium sleep.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Then I have a question
I want to make an interlude server and I do not know what datapack to use, obviously I want it to be stable.
What is the datapack that should be used?
sorry for my English

Then I have a question

I want to make an interlude server and I do not know what datapack to use, obviously I want it to be stable.

What is the datapack that should be used?

sorry for my English

Every datapack can be stable and any datapack can be used for any kind of server. The problem is do YOU know how to fix or edit anything that comes in your way? I mean problems with java because there is no bug-less project and there will never be any for free at least.

• 2 months later...

acis is free

frozen is free

all is free  :happyforever:

OPEN YOUR SERVER FREE!!

hahaha best answer.How can I rep this guy xD!

Acis CONS

Freemium ? Ok i get it that they want to get something for the updates but if you are going to share it anyway why should i buy it ?

Actually freemium is a very good way to make some money and discouraging ppl from leaching codes and selling them..Also not mistaken Tryskell is rewarding members with somekind of membership for contributing which is a

*thumbs up* from me.

Before you judge anyone,try getting into his possition.All these guys do these projects for Hobby.And its not a bad idea to make some money from it.

Acis is a very good pack imo frozen too.

Frozen is heavier due to custom stuff while acis is clean and "New User" unfriendly not "user" let me correct that.

Well who is this new guy who speaks about the best packs in interlude so long?

I am just a randomer saying his opinion from his point of view.

Excuse my bad English,I am Greek xD

Fly Mode exploit is funny.  :happyforever:

New L2J Frozen it's ony refactoring of configs and Eclipse source folders. Goodluck for customers!

Instead of dealing with the synchronization of the source code with the latest achievements of the L2J community, the new developer manages the configs and moves rare shit to the new place.