What You Think About Lucera?

Hello,i wanna ask maybe someone use L2Lucera pack? And can give me some information.

I mean legal version,it cost 120$.

Is it worth buying that files? :)

Thanks

Sure, they maybe are working, but.. leave much to be desired. Would be cheaper, better to take frozen/aCis and pay someone to fix / create you some things :P

Never worth to buy a pack from russia, they use a much different coding style which requires you to be so skilled that it would be pointless for you to pay for a pack.

You are better off using a standard l2j pack and go from there even tho it may take longer to get it right the end result will be much better for your own needs.

one of project based on lucera is euro-pvp.com - it is a russian server with smartguard anticheat programm. just look how many people play on lucera server project. Ofcource developers of aCis says as lucera is sheet but it is not real. lucera is a good project as I think. Sorry for my bad english because I am russian man.

one of project based on lucera is euro-pvp.com - it is a russian server with smartguard anticheat programm. just look how many people play on lucera server project. Ofcource developers of aCis says as lucera is sheet but it is not real. lucera is a good project as I think. Sorry for my bad english because I am russian man.

That doesn't prove the quality of the pack.

That doesn't prove the quality of the pack.

The quality has no importance if you reach your goal with a good performance. nobody knows the mechanics behind the game. players just interact with the interface and there is no need of quality code, if everything works as intended without problems. even if you are going to say "some parts have to be quality coded so you can have 3k-5k players on it". who the fuck wants to play on such a high populated server? the world area is too small and all ppl concentrate on 10% of the available content(and we are talking about l2, that naturally has no content at all) - welcome in lag city.

so what's the point? every project can be good. it depends on the management and their goals - and thats whats wrong with all the projects. why reworking all essential mechanisms? bothering with those kind of stuff will never lead to success in dominating all other server packs.

(this doesnt mean every serverpack is great, just the ones who are still still existing and active since some years)

so just get them all, compare and pick the one that fits ur expectations the most  ;D

(to be honest... if i had to pick one for interlude i would go with acis :troll: i like the new knownlist system. there you can actually use the client build in npc viewing radius and all walking npcs are not stucking anymore <3. the only thing about walker npcs is that they are not going to stop for a certain amount of time if a player talks to them )

Edited by Finn

The quality has no importance if you reach your goal with a good performance. nobody knows the mechanics behind the game. players just interact with the interface and there is no need of quality code, if everything works as intended without problems. even if you are going to say "some parts have to be quality coded so you can have 3k-5k players on it". who the fuck wants to play on such a high populated server? the world area is too small and all ppl concentrate on 10% of the available content(and we are talking about l2, that naturally has no content at all) - welcome in lag city.

so what's the point? every project can be good. it depends on the management and their goals - and thats whats wrong with all the projects. why reworking all essential mechanisms? bothering with those kind of stuff will never lead to success in dominating all other server packs.

(this doesnt mean every serverpack is great, just the ones who are still still existing and active since some years)

so just get them all, compare and pick the one that fits ur expectations the most  ;D

(to be honestly. if i had to pick one for interlude i would go with acis :troll: i like the new knownlist system. <3 )

Exactly that. You dont need at all the most fancy russian pick with this and that protection, that doesnt instantly make a good server. You need a stable base(l2j or any fork  of it except the truly bad ones) and good management in game.

Nobody says its a bad pack since its russian far from it if it follows the standard base. The thing is tho like i said russian packs need so much skill to maintain, update, expand that it would be pointless to buy it since you would have enough skill to do it yourself.

(to be honest... if i had to pick one for interlude i would go with acis :troll: i like the new knownlist system. there you can actually use the client build in npc viewing radius and all walking npcs are not stucking anymore <3. the only thing about walker npcs is that they are not going to stop for a certain amount of time if a player talks to them )

What you wrote makes no sense tbh. A code should always be implemented in the best way performance-wise.

What you wrote makes no sense tbh. A code should always be implemented in the best way performance-wise.

That is not always achievable though. 

What you are describing is the best case scenario.

Take acis for example. It's code is sorta well structured, clean and super readable.

On the other hand performance sucks so much due to several factors both coding and infrastructure related.

Edited by .Elfocrash

If raw performance was the end goal all projects should be coded in C, so screw aCis, the perfomance increase from wellcoded and badcoded java is minimal, thats why Tryskell is just an amateur hobbist, he doesn't give a fuck if the pack is production ready or not, its being more than 4 years and nothing has changed in aCis from a player's perspective which is the MOST important.