Interest In A L2 Control Panel?

Y-Less

Hi there, so the last time I played L2 was when Gracia 2 was released. I was playing on a server a I have created with some friends (former owner of L2Queen in case anyone knows or remembers). Back then, I was really young and I couldnt do much since I wasnt educated enough and I had no experience with programming at all. I always wanted to build a server on my own so I decided to come back here and see whats up. If I am not mistaken, nowadays Lineage is dead pretty much and other games like League of Legends have all the traffic.

I have a really great storyline to base my Lineage server on but at this moment I dont have the time neither to start nor to focus on  a project and this is where I need your opinion.

Instead of creating a server I decided to create a Control Panel for the Lineage 2 servers and I will release it on the forums here when its done. I am willing to start working on this but at least I would like to know that someone is going to use my product and that I am not releasing it into a dead audience. 

Things I am thinking to include:

• Register System (Including Activation)
  • Account Management
  • Character Statistics

I would really appreciate it if you posted your opinion and a few suggestions of what would you like to see in the project.

Sincerely,

George "Y-Less"

Edited by Y-Less

In all honesty it would be a waste of time since it has been done countless times before. I would much rather focus on contributing to l2jserver these sort of things because they are all for user friendlyness and the plug and play mentality.

In all honesty it would be a waste of time since it has been done countless times before. I would much rather focus on contributing to l2jserver these sort of things because they are all for user friendlyness and the plug and play mentality.

How you mean? I may be mistaken but I was searching in the forums to see if a Control Panel exist and all I found was just a few guys selling their web development services. Didn't notice any open source product at all.

Bcs there isn't anything free. Only shared theengo acp with backdoors and for rdy acp, like demort, they ask ~200$ or so.

How you mean? I may be mistaken but I was searching in the forums to see if a Control Panel exist and all I found was just a few guys selling their web development services. Didn't notice any open source product at all.

Because you only mentioned useless stuff like account activiton/creation. Besides that an l2 control panel would further increase the plug and play mentality which was always the downfall of l2j.

This may be harsh but 90% of the people who open servers should never even try to begin with. It is so easy i can teach it to my 6y old nephew easily in a week how to run a server it is so easy with all the available tools.

Edited by Intrepid

The problem with ACPs is that they require the player to be offline for most of the actions to happen.

A while ago i started coding a acp that connects to a restful api which runs inside the l2jserver, so that every action is instant and it uses actualy l2j code to execute, so the acp itself acts like the middleware.

Abandoned it as it doesn't really worth the effort (at least for the way i value my own time).

Bcs there isn't anything free. Only shared theengo acp with backdoors and for rdy acp, like demort, they ask ~200$ or so.

Just saw this ACP by demort. Looks good enough, moreover as .elfocrash mentioned account has to be in some kind of maintenance in order to make changes through the panel (didnt think of it). If this guy has this issue solved, he is the winner.

Because you only mentioned useless stuff like account activiton/creation. Besides that an l2 control panel would further increase the plug and play mentality which was always the downfall of l2j.

This may be harsh but 90% of the people who open servers should never even try to begin with. It is so easy i can teach it to my 6y old nephew easily in a week how to run a server it is so easy with all the available tools.

I didnt really know what to add, thats why I asked for your suggestions. It couldnt be that hard for me to develop a ticket or donation system. Regarding the startup servers, its not their fault. To be honest, I started my server using a compiled rev of L2jEqual (dont really remember the name, correct me if Im wrong) when I was 13. I selected  a few spots, created farm zones, added some items to the client and I added my server on HopZone. The first time it got rejected due to downtime, then I found a friend and he hosted my server on his computer. I was lucky enough and I got 50 players/hour online and a top of 150 players online.

Had no idea of programming, and after some time I realised that replacing NPC and making changes in-game doesnt really fix the bugs, and thats when I quitted because I couldnt support it anymore without programming. You shouldnt be able to start a server with a pre-compiled pack.

The problem with ACPs is that they require the player to be offline for most of the actions to happen.

A while ago i started coding a acp that connects to a restful api which runs inside the l2jserver, so that every action is instant and it uses actualy l2j code to execute, so the acp itself acts like the middleware.

Abandoned it as it doesn't really worth the effort (at least for the way i value my own time).

Listen mate, in my opinion, it is not that bad to work something for free once in a while. Indeed, it may be time consuming or it doesnt really worth the effort, but if I didnt have anything else to do, I would give it a shot. If you dont mind answering, which API did you use and what language are you using? PHP? 

Listen mate, in my opinion, it is not that bad to work something for free once in a while. Indeed, it may be time consuming or it doesnt really worth the effort, but if I didnt have anything else to do, I would give it a shot. If you dont mind answering, which API did you use and what language are you using? PHP? 

The server side API is Java SE and my website is written in .NET Core C#

Just saw this ACP by demort. Looks good enough, moreover as .elfocrash mentioned account has to be in some kind of maintenance in order to make changes through the panel (didnt think of it). If this guy has this issue solved, he is the winner.

I didnt really know what to add, thats why I asked for your suggestions. It couldnt be that hard for me to develop a ticket or donation system. Regarding the startup servers, its not their fault. To be honest, I started my server using a compiled rev of L2jEqual (dont really remember the name, correct me if Im wrong) when I was 13. I selected  a few spots, created farm zones, added some items to the client and I added my server on HopZone. The first time it got rejected due to downtime, then I found a friend and he hosted my server on his computer. I was lucky enough and I got 50 players/hour online and a top of 150 players online.

Had no idea of programming, and after some time I realised that replacing NPC and making changes in-game doesnt really fix the bugs, and thats when I quitted because I couldnt support it anymore without programming. You shouldnt be able to start a server with a pre-compiled pack.

I understand that and its good you did realize that. To tell you the honest to god truth because of the reasons i said before i see no use for such a tool maybe a mimic of the ingame admin panel but thats way too much work for little gains.

• 7 months later...

My opinion on this is to create something that you really want people to use.Something that will make their actions easier and something that can be used in order to provide them a better gameplay.Since Lineage 2 has lost its popularity and the traffic is nearly dead you have to consider that you are creating it for yourself first and then for the community.Don't worry about the use of it, even if a single person uses it , in my opinion, it worths the time.

Edited by protoftw