xxdem

Don't get me wrong ur idea for the server sounds fantastic. Only problem is lets say 2 000 people join, 100 of them actually know L2 and pride like servers how to farm and build a char. The other 1 900 will complain about how op 1 class is a and cry all day on chat. The admin/dev will start nerffing classes with out telling people the 100 people leave the server dies. I will be the 100% to play on your server and probably donate my ass off for items. But I know after 3 months max the server will have less then 50 people on. Not because you did something wrong, but because the people that are playing private servers these days are trash and I'm happy to say I'm one of those people.

Cheers.

Don't get me wrong ur idea for the server sounds fantastic. Only problem is lets say 2 000 people join, 100 of them actually know L2 and pride like servers how to farm and build a char. The other 1 900 will complain about how op 1 class is a and cry all day on chat. The admin/dev will start nerffing classes with out telling people the 100 people leave the server dies. I will be the 100% to play on your server and probably donate my ass off for items. But I know after 3 months max the server will have less then 50 people on. Not because you did something wrong, but because the people that are playing private servers these days are trash and I'm happy to say I'm one of those people.

Cheers.

This is correct. This time I will work to countermeasure anything you've described. My past mistakes was that there existed features that were not documented on the forums (guides) for players not familiar with L2Pride context.

I am going to make this server far more complex than anything seen on L2 and EVERYTHING will be documented and well explained for everyone to enjoy. Back when we used to play L2 and enjoy it was because we were exploring new things. Now that is missing from modern servers and players are bored easily, this time I will focus on that

The server side development has started!

Rapiers and Crossbows will be usable by all classes!

They are obviously applicable only on very specific builds.

Next on development will be the brand new APCxAI engine that will fully replace the old one.

The old one can be seen on the video bellow, it was partially implemented on C6 AEPvP

Next on development will be the brand new APCxAI engine that will fully replace the old one.

The old one can be seen on the video bellow, it was partially implemented on C6 AEPvP

There is no reason for rapiers and crossbows to be used by all classes if the damn animation is the same as a bow, it's pointless and it looks horrific. Unless you manage to make new animations for each skill, then it's honestly pointless to do so. 

There is no reason for rapiers and crossbows to be used by all classes if the damn animation is the same as a bow, it's pointless and it looks horrific. Unless you manage to make new animations for each skill, then it's honestly pointless to do so. 

It's not about new animations on skills but new animations on races characters males and females. Otherwise MFighter.ukx and so on. It could be adapted from higher clients Goddess of destruction has that animation on characters. All that is client stuff though not server side.

No reason? the fact that you want your main to be PK and you have an erection once to play fking soulhound then what you gonna do?

Gz xdem finally you got rid a lot of problem with one "simple" feature.

Edited by 'Hater

It works over bow / sword animation because the client doesn't have animations for this weapons on classes other than Kamael.

Its not meant to replace bows or swords, this feature will promote a fairer trade value on these weapons but they will also be playable for non-Kamael classes and probably will also be decent on the correct build.

Rapiers will be a hybrid type of sword - dagger skill, it will be capable of using all sword, dagger and Kamael moves, it will be fun imho.

Crossbows are high agility-utility weapons that compromise attack range and power for quick-accurate shots.

The main reason I've decided to do this, was to correct a false mechanic L2 had for ages, and none before me tried to. The only real reason other classes can't equip the Kamael weapons is because the Koreans where bored to create crossbow - rapier animations from scratch, so they just came up with a stupid mechanic which doesn't allow other races to equip these genuine and beautiful weapons. I acknowledge that the animations may not be correct, but they are no way as bad as you describe.

• 5 months later...
On 30/4/2017 at 1:03 PM, xxdem said:

It works over bow / sword animation because the client doesn't have animations for this weapons on classes other than Kamael.

Its not meant to replace bows or swords, this feature will promote a fairer trade value on these weapons but they will also be playable for non-Kamael classes and probably will also be decent on the correct build.

Rapiers will be a hybrid type of sword - dagger skill, it will be capable of using all sword, dagger and Kamael moves, it will be fun imho.

Crossbows are high agility-utility weapons that compromise attack range and power for quick-accurate shots.

The main reason I've decided to do this, was to correct a false mechanic L2 had for ages, and none before me tried to. The only real reason other classes can't equip the Kamael weapons is because the Koreans where bored to create crossbow - rapier animations from scratch, so they just came up with a stupid mechanic which doesn't allow other races to equip these genuine and beautiful weapons. I acknowledge that the animations may not be correct, but they are no way as bad as you describe.

any update on this server yet or its closed?