[Preview] Moba Event In Interlude

Hello.

This is an Event I've been working on the past 2 days.

Description: MOBA Games start every day at 14:00 for 2 hours. Players can enter the queue to find a game. The games are 5vs5. Each team has its base (nexus), 6 towers (turrets) and minions (creeps). The minions are spawned after 1 minute into the game and then respawned every 25 seconds.

The goal is to destroy the enemy nexus.

Preview:

To clarify a few things:

- The reason I'm making this topic is NOT to show off, it is to see what people think about such an idea in l2.

- The video you just saw is a VERY early version and has many missing features (player K/D/A, each turret having a 'son' turret and can only be destroyed if son turret is destroyed etc).

- The AI is very early as well, for both minions and turets. It needs high optimisation and a few changes.

- The map is based on the shared version deMEV made of Roman Arena, so it is without geodata (therefore some visual bugs on the minions).

- The stats of minions, turets and the nexus are not properly optimized.

Thanks.

Edited by An4rchy

League of Legends just got real :P
To be honest I really like it and I would love to see it running on live servers, it's different , its structure is pretty good and more than that , it's something that people would like to see.

*You can change turrets apperance as players go on.. The 1st tower will be smaller than the 2nd one, the 2nd one will be bigger than the 1st one etc..Nexus can have a different appearance too..
*Minions: depending on how many turrets have been destroyed, minions can change their appearance (If all the towers are destroyed and only Nexus is still standing then minions should be stronger and bigger)
*Nexus should regenerate HP.
*Players: Remove all items and equip no grade, as they keep going, depending on how many minions and turrets are killed-destroyed they can get (example: adena) and use a custom command which will allow them to use a custom shop to buy (armors/weapons/jewels/potions etc..)

*I'm just posting some ideas , do not misjudge me or anything else..I do not know if all these are possible to be coded :)

Edited by protoftw

Decent

Rofl get real ... really now? What you want creeps to jump and have physics? Is great..

Also devMe add his youtube channel on texture on his share? fail... i didn't knew that..

Edited by AccessDenied

Good job overall, I would probably cry if I see the code :P.

Mean that is a "comblex" code or that he didn't code it well? Cause i made a system 99% like this and i made it with just 300 lines 

Mobs target places and then move to another using walker e.t.c 

Decent

Thanks mate ^^

To be honest I really like it and I would love to see it running on live servers, it's different , its structure is pretty good and more than that , it's something that people would like to see.

*You can change turrets apperance as players go on.. The 1st tower will be smaller than the 2nd one, the 2nd one will be bigger than the 1st one etc..Nexus can have a different appearance too..
*Minions: depending on how many turrets have been destroyed, minions can change their appearance (If all the towers are destroyed and only Nexus is still standing then minions should be stronger and bigger)
*Nexus should regenerate HP.
*Players: Remove all items and equip no grade, as they keep going, depending on how many minions and turrets are killed-destroyed they can get (example: adena) and use a custom command which will allow them to use a custom shop to buy (armors/weapons/jewels/potions etc..)

*I'm just posting some ideas , do not misjudge me or anything else..I do not know if all these are possible to be coded :)

The idea is to eventually add inhibitors, structures that can be destroyed and then each lane would spawn stronger minions.

Nexus already has a high hp regeneration.

Idk about player equipment, since I coded this keeping in mind it is just another event, just a bit different. It might be added though since I've got some ideas on it.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Rofl get real ... really now? What you want creeps to jump and have physics? Is great..

Also devMe add his youtube channel on texture on his share? fail... i didn't knew that..

Mate, legit I admire the fact that you got a 'decent' knowledge base and can judge posts with it, but please look more into each topic before you comment your opinion. Minions jumping is retail on L2, check Goblin Scout yourself on retail. It isn't a custom. There are no physics on the code btw too..

About deMEV adding his own logos on the share, he mentions that in the topic, since his shares are only previews of the produts he's selling.

Good job overall, I would probably cry if I see the code :P.

I don't think you would, to be honest :) Everything is taken well-care of and given its necessary time to be coded. There might be some slight mistakes or misuses of java/code, but they will be fixed eventually. After all, this is just a preview.

Mean that is a "comblex" code or that he didn't code it well? Cause i made a system 99% like this and i made it with just 300 lines 

Mobs target places and then move to another using walker e.t.c 

It is a 'complex code', if I understood well the meaning of your phrase, but that doesn't mean I've made it more complex than it should be. I use existing aCis features (Ai's mostly, just overriden methods to handle the minions/turrets AI), while implementing my own code to manage queues and such..

Thank you all for your feedback :)

Just a suggestion. L2 events in general are known for being scheduled at a specific time.

If you launch a server with this make it instantiate on demand, so if 10 people register starts an event with those 10 at an instance and straight away waits for 10 more

Thanks mate ^^

The idea is to eventually add inhibitors, structures that can be destroyed and then each lane would spawn stronger minions.

Nexus already has a high hp regeneration.

Idk about player equipment, since I coded this keeping in mind it is just another event, just a bit different. It might be added though since I've got some ideas on it.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Mate, legit I admire the fact that you got a 'decent' knowledge base and can judge posts with it, but please look more into each topic before you comment your opinion. Minions jumping is retail on L2, check Goblin Scout yourself on retail. It isn't a custom. There are no physics on the code btw too..

About deMEV adding his own logos on the share, he mentions that in the topic, since his shares are only previews of the produts he's selling.

I don't think you would, to be honest :) Everything is taken well-care of and given its necessary time to be coded. There might be some slight mistakes or misuses of java/code, but they will be fixed eventually. After all, this is just a preview.

It is a 'complex code', if I understood well the meaning of your phrase, but that doesn't mean I've made it more complex than it should be. I use existing aCis features (Ai's mostly, just overriden methods to handle the minions/turrets AI), while implementing my own code to manage queues and such..

Thank you all for your feedback :)

You didn't understand a shit i wrote :D. It was ++ for you. Also physics - animation thats something diff. Allow me to know more than you in this one since is my hobby.

Also decent? No plz. I'm no equal to some but at i've made this event 4 months ago with fully xmlized supo (including dynamic waves and rewards) instead of same wave count i made it with dif mobs soo.. 

Anytime u want to see it or the xml 

lmao. You'll probably gonna see it in 3 trillion servers although it will take just one game to understand that you could simply press the X button and open LoL rather to play a c/p game that is centuries ahead from L2.

add items , start naked with specific gear , put duration to items until event finish , change a little the graphics of the place / nexus / turrets /minions.. as idea its epic and congrats.. but putting items will make it even better

Just a suggestion. L2 events in general are known for being scheduled at a specific time.

If you launch a server with this make it instantiate on demand, so if 10 people register starts an event with those 10 at an instance and straight away waits for 10 more

The scheduling of the event is probably going to be configurable. Meaning there will be many ways to launch 5v5 events.

You didn't understand a shit i wrote :D. It was ++ for you. Also physics - animation thats something diff. Allow me to know more than you in this one since is my hobby.

Also decent? No plz. I'm no equal to some but at i've made this event 4 months ago with fully xmlized supo (including dynamic waves and rewards) instead of same wave count i made it with dif mobs soo.. 

Anytime u want to see it or the xml 

Elfo wrote decent, he meant it in a good way and I thought you meant it's 'not decent' because of the minions jumping, lol, my bad.

Hey I'm not trying to start a war with you whatsoever. Good job on making the event with xml support and such, I will probably extend it as well with dynamic waves and such, what you saw is just a 4-5 hours work.

Besides, the hard part is not the waves the spawning and this stuff, the hard part is to optimize the AI of both turrets and minions. It's not just target points and move to them, it should work more dynamically with targetting, supporting nearby minions, target priorities and such. Also each wave should be considered as a 'whole' not just 4 random minions that spawned at the same time.

lmao. You'll probably gonna see it in 3 trillion servers although it will take just one game to understand that you could simply press the X button and open LoL rather to play a c/p game that is centuries ahead from L2.

What you wrote makes no sense btw, lineage 2 is another game and this is an event that (maybe) will be running in lineage 2, not the whole game modified to be a MOBA (like L2Newline for example). This will be something like your classic TvT event, or the Olympiad.

add items , start naked with specific gear , put duration to items until event finish , change a little the graphics of the place / nexus / turrets /minions.. as idea its epic and congrats.. but putting items will make it even better

There will be many options on the configs on the final version. For example the admin will be able to leave players with their gear and buffs, or he can choose to remove items from their inventory and players can buy items as the game progresses with adena/points the get from kills, farming, turrets etc.

Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by An4rchy

Why all end up in a e-war, can't you just talk on internet lol? Why u think i want "war" with you just because i "defended" you cause is a nice system? 

1st decent idea i have seen since years. Just a few things off the top of my head tho.

- Forget the fix map version let it have a lineage feel and have the event happen in areas that are known as tipical lineage places.

- Have only 1 type of creep but with a wave load setup like every consecutive wave would be different amount of creeps or the same amount of creeps with different stats.

- Have objectives but base those objectives to revolve more around lineage than league, like an on the hunt version in l2 but instead of rengar <-> khazix you would have elf <-> dark elf

- Dont use the turret system because its completely off when it comes to lineage, instead use bosses that dont move but still use all their abilities.

- As far as scheduling goes, dont make the mistake of making it happen in fixed hours or beeing on demand. These things are ideas that are sooo boring and never ever worked to begin with. Instead implement it as an addition to a current system so that you take adventage of the event without having balance issues happen. Add it as a part of clan wars for example or even can create a team olympiad system.