[L2J] Lineage 2 Destruction

xoiten

xxdem comes in storming with insults and a completely meaningless comment. Congrats.

The reason in creating a server is to make a fun playground for others. Servers who blindly copy everything another server has to offer of course could be called moronic.

You and everyone else that is opposing the idea of this server so much , should do so after you have at least checked the server itself. Using the source of another server indeed is not ideal but that means nothing in the long run if the people enjoy playing in the server. He clearly has made efforts to distinguish his server from all the recent copies you mentioned. So why not take a chill pill , see how it goes and then discuss this again (this goes to Hater as well but considering his name... well).

Last but not least this is a server preview post, it is for you to see and decide if you want to give it a shot and not make it look like it is predestined to fail because every other server did; including one u were working on.

Sorry that I had to butt in a discussion that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Keep the private server preview forum clean of meaningless discussions and posts that add nothing to the server. Try the server make a pro's and con's post and that is that.

Thank your for your time and sorry about the long post. Keep in mind this post is not meant to be offensive or to trigger a discussion, I will refrain from posting anymore.

xxdem comes in storming with insults and a completely meaningless comment. Congrats.

The reason in creating a server is to make a fun playground for others. Servers who blindly copy everything another server has to offer of course could be called moronic.

You and everyone else that is opposing the idea of this server so much , should do so after you have at least checked the server itself. Using the source of another server indeed is not ideal but that means nothing in the long run if the people enjoy playing in the server. He clearly has made efforts to distinguish his server from all the recent copies you mentioned. So why not take a chill pill , see how it goes and then discuss this again (this goes to Hater as well but considering his name... well).

Last but not least this is a server preview post, it is for you to see and decide if you want to give it a shot and not make it look like it is predestined to fail because every other server did; including one u were working on.

Sorry that I had to butt in a discussion that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Keep the private server preview forum clean of meaningless discussions and posts that add nothing to the server. Try the server make a pro's and con's post and that is that.

Thank your for your time and sorry about the long post. Keep in mind this post is not meant to be offensive or to trigger a discussion, I will refrain from posting anymore.

Then what about Crabbed? It was with no doubt the most edited server using Pride pack and it still failed in less than a month, idk why you defend this guy maybe you're part of the team and thats OK you wouldn't need to hide it. But a guy who claims that is the next guy who will try to conquer Dav's throne, having 0 knowledge which is a fact since himself already said, just by adding some eye sugar on random pics I find it simply arrogant and yet another contribution of destroying whats left of the L2Pride community, you think that players want to play another 1 month server? They don't, and this is certainly not the guy that will end Pride pack's fail spree after 10-15 servers

How long would it take you to code everything Dav did in his pack? And why would you code it if there's an already working code ?

First of all you claim to know Dav but you don't, as already proven from Hater. Let me add that you claim that Dav did code for L2Pride whereas his coding knowledge was limited to altering some already existing code with some more crappy custom code of his. Most of the developing of L2Pride is credited to various developers that worked for Dav and thats it.

As for your question, I personally need exactly 2 days to make L2Pride source from scratch, less than 16 working hours to be honest, because I am a veteran developer. I don't care if it would take months for you and that doesn't really matter.

The real question here is, how are you gonna succeed with this server where all others failed hard? You admitted that your knowledge is minimal, you probably don't know how demanding the L2Pride community is nodays, you clearly don't know where you're getting into.

How long would it take you to code everything Dav did in his pack? And why would you code it if there's an already working code ?

Then what about Crabbed? It was with no doubt the most edited server using Pride pack and it still failed in less than a month, idk why you defend this guy maybe you're part of the team and thats OK you wouldn't need to hide it. But a guy who claims that is the next guy who will try to conquer Dav's throne, having 0 knowledge which is a fact since himself already said, just by adding some eye sugar on random pics I find it simply arrogant and yet another contribution of destroying whats left of the L2Pride community, you think that players want to play another 1 month server? They don't, and this is certainly not the guy that will end Pride pack's fail spree after 10-15 servers

you could be right , I am not saying he will most definitely succeed or that he wont. And the real reason i defended him was because you were too aggressive towards him and i am not a big fan of yours. But nonetheless all I really wanted to do was make certain points that is not only about this server but over all our community. We all are really prejudiced when it comes to servers that have to do with our beloved servers which withheld so many memories of ours. I just want u to read my post above and understand my intentions were nothing but pure. We all need to be a bit more open minded and give everyone a chance no matter how tiny it may be. Anyways have fun. That is my last post for real, if u wanna discuss anything , there are personal messages. Take care

Edited by vipPOLICEvip

Modding Pride pack itself wouldn't be a problem (except that the gracia final client is not that popular).

I mean the src does have some good extra addons and parts that can give you ideas or help you get started with things you are not certain how to code from scratch(lknockback for exemple). Given that you know what you're looking for, of course.

The way I see, the problem with pride pack is "pride" itself. No matter how much these pride pack based servers were changed/edited, the changes were only done on the surface.

Yes, you got new mobs, different drops a few extra (most of the time fucking immersion breaking) new textures. But the core gameplay (farm-event-farm-event and thats that), almost never finished olympiad ( due to the retarded way skills are boosted in pride packs), the half finished classes, the gameplay mechanics  are always the same..

And yes, Crabbed was the shining example.

Also, don't get me wrong, but it's clear that most of those who want pride like servers don't even realize that the very fact they get bored of these servers is that they play almost the same server for the 100th time.

I'm certain that a few new custom server with decent work behind it could stay alive much longer.

The "Base" of our gameplay is ready enough for beta testing.

Apply for beta on our website or on this link

http://l2destruction.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.0

Good news! So when will the closed beta start?

• 2 weeks later...