How To Protect Myself

Hey guys, i wondered how can i protect my identity when i start running an server ? Because i need to put my ip in l2.ini and i don't want everyone to see my ip, is there any way to hide it ? I know ppl put their server website address, but is there any other way ?

Thanks

Hey guys, i wondered how can i protect my identity when i start running an server ? Because i need to put my ip in l2.ini and i don't want everyone to see my ip, is there any way to hide it ? I know ppl put their server website address, but is there any other way ?

Thanks

there is no way hide ip, since you can after open l2 and cmd > netstat -n  will show ip

You can't even hide the IP when you talk with someone on skype, you can simply open control alt del switch to network and check which IP send more packet when someone send message and voila his IP. So if skype can't hide the IP how you expect a game to do it  :-[ ?

Are ya afraid of hackerinos? Buy anti-ddos protection and keep stalonka and AchYlek  out of your servidor

Edited by AccessDenied

You can't even hide the IP when you talk with someone on skype, you can simply open control alt del switch to network and check which IP send more packet when someone send message and voila his IP. So if skype can't hide the IP how you expect a game to do it  :-[ ?

Are ya afraid of hackerinos? Buy anti-ddos protection and keep stalonka and AchYlek  out of your servidor

iirc they said they fixed it 

Of course you can, thats called Proxy.

On tales proxy that user receives during server selection depends on some factors(for example heroes get different proxy than people who just started to play). Multiple different IPs are used and none of them is real IP of the server.

Edited by vampir

iirc they said they fixed it 

miscrosoft moved whole network to their cloud and changed protocol, so yeah, direct p2p and IP discovery isn't the case anymore.