Imawesome Hack - Black Desert - 1000% Attack Power

Wait what? Speed hack?

Thats impossible in MMOs... either this hack is fake, or BDO has quite some stuff handled in client-side to allow such a thing.

Ok... after some googling its really a thing...

WHAT THE FUCK?

I guess the creators of BDO had no previous experience with MMORPGs. The #1 rule of those games is keep all inportant cheatable stuff server-side. Really... why the server doesn't even calculate movement/attack/cast of everything ingame? Sure it saves a bit of CPU, but it makes it hella exploitabe.

Wait what? Speed hack?

Thats impossible in MMOs... either this hack is fake, or BDO has quite some stuff handled in client-side to allow such a thing.

WHAT THE FUCK?

I guess the creators of BDO had no previous experience with MMORPGs. The #1 rule of those games is keep all inportant cheatable stuff server-side. Really... why the server doesn't even calculate movement/attack/cast of everything ingame? Sure it saves a bit of CPU, but it makes it hella exploitabe.

Speedhack the only thing that surprised you?

Not 1000% of attack, not 1000% of def...just speedhack?  :-\

Wait what? Speed hack?

WHAT THE FUCK?

do you even check any MMO of last 5years or just base on L2? :D

most of late korean mmo has a lot of things done on client side or poor server validation, welcoming all kind of cheaters,

archage devs was deeply sad in one of interviews, even asking "why people do that? in korea we had no exploiters and RUS region is flooded already on beta" XD

I just cant imagine how that 1000% attack and def hack would work.

Surely attack and defence stats arent handled client-side... right? What client-side thing enables that?

do you even check any MMO of last 5years or just base on L2? :D
most of late korean mmo has a lot of things done on client side or poor server validation, welcoming all kind of cheaters,
archage devs was deeply sad in one of interviews, even asking "why people do that? in korea we had no exploiters and RUS region is flooded already on beta" XD

Russian community did nothing wrong. IMO they did actually something good, showed that the game is exploitable. Really, if we are going to code things with the hope of people "don't do that hacking" lets all just make websites with unhashed passwords and direct admin access at the panel. Honestly thats one big security hole in the brains of devs thinking that making a game dont need any security checks. In that sense those games are made of cotton compared to Lineage II, even thought it had its exploits it was never that seriously hackable.

Actually I don't know many oldschool MMOs (< 2000) that were that hackable. Whats this new trend to make games with everything client side? Is it such a big load for servers to calculate that stuff? If old games with poor servers (compared to today servers) did it back then, new games should not even think about leaving such things client-side.

Edited by Nik

i guess mostly to offload servers,

early versions (live build) of archeage allowed any player to request skilluse reserved for GMs, people were also able to spawn own raidbosses to kill them for drops, i can't even imagine how they managed to fail it that hard :D

about 1000% stats, most often its just regular item stats stacked X times using some exploit, we had similar exploits even on L2off

The only possible way for that stuff to happen is to spam buffs with milliseconds interval to flood the server and somehow stack them due to poor multithreaded management there. If this is the way, is that really happening? Cause it only meens server codding is really poor.

Kappa. The 3d muonline

They are using some own-made game engine, did you see how the textures are popping up like wtf ; O

Edited by Szakalaka