Editing Armorgrp.dat And Npcgrp.dat For Infinite Odyssey

So I'm working in a Infinite odyssey server, and I want to add some bunch of custom things to the client, but I have 2 problems.

1st problem: I want to add a bunch of new custom armor, and although I can open the file with the infinite odyssey file edit, I can't save, even if I only open the file and hit the save button right after it loads, it won't save. I think is probably some problem with the ddf file, but not sure. Anyone willing to shed me some light?

2nd problem is that every time I edit the npcgrp.dat, it bugs out the npcs that have player skins, after I edited only the face are showing, anyone knows where the problem might be?

thanks in advance for the answer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please provide your armorgrp.dat if you can.

Perhaps I can provide some help on this.

Hello, syncia. I have the same problem as the creator of the topic. I have Lineage II: Inifinite Odyssey Underground client.

My Armorgrp.dat is uploaded here: http://rgho.st/8hW9CfYWJ

My Armorgrp.ddf is uploaded here: http://rgho.st/76jdgVNNZ

I am able to decrypt and open Armorgrp.dat but I am not able to encrypt the file again. I am using the latest L2 FileEdit by Miko and I am encrypting retail original Armorgrp.dat without any changes. It doesn't work and L2asm returns this error:

MTX[123] field 'm_HumnFigh' must have both soft limits set (-1 / -1).
Post-parse init failed (check ddf file 'convert\ddf\armorgrp.ddf').

Thank you for any kind of help.
Edited by M[a]nny

Guys, there is some kind of bug which stucks ONLY with armorgrp.dat file for chronicle IO+.
Many ppl, pm's me to solve the problem, but there is no one fix for that. Sometimes, one armorgrp.dat from different IO system folder will work, sometimes, it wont.
Also, one of my old friends which has server online for many years (since like Hi5), he updated to IO and he has this problem as well. We solved it by replacing the 
armorgrp.dat file and copy/past all lines from IO into that file - it works, but after some time, problem appear again. No one knows how and why.

I informed Mio about that, he never answered back, but I guess he doesnt know how to fix that shit as well.
Well, my advice - get armorgrp.dat file from other system folder, and replace all linies inside. It should work for some time at lease. LOL.

Sorry for late.

Please check this DDF:

http://rgho.st/84bypPtQQ

I can decrypt and encrypt armorgrp.dat you provided to me with this DDF.

This is for Infinity odyssey:Rhapsody.

I checked your DDF which is exactly my previous work on Rhapsody.

Care should be taken while you editing texture column, here is an example:

3n7ZzJW.png

Where cntm and cntt are counters that define how many UNICODE strings (texture file name) should present.

If you filled wrong value (e.g. 5 UNICODE strings but its counter value is 4 ) you'd see error during encoding.

You can try to modify one thing at a time to find out which step goes wrong.

Edited by syncia