Donation

Why every server keep calling them 'Donation' when, as a matter of a fact, you buy a certain item for in-real currency.

Same way when you pay NCSoft to buy In-game currency (NCoin) which you use in their marketplace.

Definition of donation according to wikipedia:

A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause.

:poker face:

/Discuss

/LetTheFlameBegin

Edited by Gries

A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause.

Pretty self explanatory if you can speak English. Typically for charitable purposes or the benefit of a cause.

The cause is the server. 

Just like many donations in the word that reward you for donating, lineage2 donations reward you with in game items.

I recently backed a project in kickstarter.com which is basically donating to the company of the project and the company rewards me. 

It makes sense.

They dont want to sell anything. No sell - no legal obligations of any kind: they dont have to offer refund right and so on.

Its easier to call it donation and give something as reward. Yes is basically a sell but its way different in essence.

Edited by Lokus

Pretty self explanatory if you can speak English. Typically for charitable purposes or the benefit of a cause.

The cause is the server. 

Just like many donations in the word that reward you for donating, lineage2 donations reward you with in game items.

I recently backed a project in kickstarter.com which is basically donating to the company of the project and the company rewards me. 

It makes sense.

Should the donations be used to make some sort of profit out of the project?

This is the main reason why there are so many private servers out there.

They dont want to sell anything. No sell - no legal obligations of any kind: they dont have to offer refund right and so on.

Its easier to call it donation and give something as reward. Yes is basically a sell but its way different in essence.

Also their customers donators are more encouraged in giving to the server owner money, cause they think 100% of the money earned are used on the server.

Edited by Gries

Why every server keep calling them 'Donation' when, as a matter of a fact, you buy a certain item for in-real currency.

Same way when you pay NCSoft to buy In-game currency (NCoin) which you use in their marketplace.

Definition of donation according to wikipedia:

:poker face:

/Discuss

/LetTheFlameBegin

according to wiki they gift you and u gift them back doesnt matter the currency

Since when "donating" has rewards?lol...

Makes sense to u tho somehow.Thats funny

Edited by bravetobe

Since when "donating" has rewards?lol...

It doesn't, but as a "thank you" you might give something in return. Besides the handshake and smile. :P

Edited by SweeTs

according to wiki they gift you and u gift them back doesnt matter the currency

Just a bad coincidence that the gifts exchange happen right after the owner gets the money  :dat:

It doesn't, but as a "thank you" you might give something in return. Besides the handshake and smile. :P

If you give something in return, then you actually bought it, and for sure most of the remaining players are buying the said item.

I guess it is something legal so the one who spent the money cannot actually ask a refund.

Edited by Gries

They call it "donation", because there was a server in the past, which made tens of thousands from selling in-game stuff, and has been closed by FBI. So, they decided to call it donation, but this word has nothing to do in the current situation with those greedy uncappable idiots. :lol:

No "reward" in exchange, no donations. Period.

They call it "donation", because there was a server in the past, which made tens of thousands from selling in-game stuff, and has been closed by FBI. So, they decided to call it donation, but this word has nothing to do in the current situation with those greedy uncappable idiots.  :lol:

Edited by SweeTs

Its obvious that noone is gonna open a server ,and pay the maintance/dev/profit for time spend.The only way to make money its donation i guess.So,

if the problem lies between if someone actually worth the time spend in the server and the donation or not...

Most of the servers/admins dont deserve a single cent,so...

Its way too obvious what happens here,and there is no reason to even discuss it anyway

P.S When someone makes a charity into Unicef,i never heard of getting an african kid as a reward... Just saying

Edited by bravetobe

P.S When someone makes a charity into Unicef,i never heard of getting an african kid as a reward... Just saying

I would not accept such a 'reward', even if they would pay me, lol :D

Edited by SweeTs

Its obvious that noone is gonna open a server ,and pay the maintance/dev/profit for time spend.The only way to make money its donation i guess.So,

if the problem lies between if someone actually worth the time spend in the server and the donation or not...

Most of the servers/admins dont deserve a single cent,so...

Its way too obvious what happens here,and there is no reason to even discuss it anyway

They don't have any, because Angelina Jolie adopts them all...