Custom-Pvp Servers' Balance

Every class should have a strong and weak side, and sadly this is what everyone keep forgetting because they always want their class to be the strongest.

:)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 6:07 PM, KötÔº said:

Nice guide,wish you will open a server :)

I do open one for the sake of the innovation. Check out my profile.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Trance said:

It is a custom server; reborn from 2009. Not a big deal.

Still finesse skills,years of age ahead. Someone can understand this by the patience and effort you build finest.Others should learn by this fact in my opinion :)

You do understand that there is a term called "Assymetric Balance", right?

Ultimately there is no inherent reason why class X should lose 100% of the time against class Y. I'm not even suggesting that within the scope of L2 specifically. It just makes 0 sense gameplay wise. It isn't an enjoyable experience, it ticks a red flag for that class when it boils down to class options and choice, which is especially important since picking a class is a commitment that you will have to stick with or else risk losing time spent on progressing the character.

The method through which a Summoner beats a Titan might not, and should not, be the same as the way a Titan beats a Summoner, and if this is the case the game can still be considered balanced. A summoner might try to kite out a Titan and chip away at his health where as the Titan might look for a way to pin down the Summoner and burst through whatever EHP he has before the enemy deploys all of his toys.

Regardless, L2 doesn't allow for this level of ambiguity because at the end of the day it's all about chances. There are too few "trickshot" abilities in the game available to all classes that can change the tide of the fight if used in the key moment. L2 has since it's beginning been a DPS race game. Whoever can apply more damage than the enemy wins (the obvious exclusion to the rule being heals). That's the imbalance, elements like Critical Chance, Evasion, debuff chance - things that are outside of player control during a fight and is instead tied to background stats attached to gear.

It's worth noting that NCsoft has always prioritized PvE since that is the main demand in Korea.