Custom-Pvp Servers' Balance

Balance is what Lineage actually is. Elf relying on his DEXterity, and other advantages that come with race.
The world itself "balance" is misinterpreted. It is not about having an equal chance in PvP.
This is how a custom-pvp server should be made. 99% of the servers never got it.

You have to be careful with skills' chance.
You can not have a custom armor that gives 50% stun resistance, while the resist buff already gives enough resistance for a balanced gameplay.
You need to balance things a bit. This can be done by nerfing the resist buff - transferring a big percentage to the item.
If both of them give insane stats (item and buff resistance), your resistance will be above logic - having a higher percentage of 99%.
What have you done? You theoretically replaced a resist buff with an item - literally added a new item, and you haven't changed the stats in-game. Pretty cool, isn't?
(the same trick must be applied to all stats)

Make sure you review classes' accuracy and evasion. You should miss no matter what, player or mob.

If your custom items have huge defense stats. Don't freaking do it!
Keep low stats in-game. Most of the chronicles are not designed/supposed to support huge values.
Your enchant system should be decent. Enchanted items above +8/16 are just insane. Don't do it!

Do not listen to players. They can only open your eyes to review things. Test everything by yourself, and then apply changes.
Do not make hasty changes. You should have an imaginary map in your head, like a pattern. Once you make random changes, you'll lose it.

Edited by Trance
Reason: Formatted text and spaces.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

++ god bless you maybe kids will stop opening shit servers and they must read this thread to understand  :not bad:

balance does not exist in lineage2 in my opinion. your points here are good ! but even like this on lineage doesnt exist the time invul to debuffs.  lets say 1 dagger use bluff on you and it lands then another dagger can use bluff and land it again over an over ( so in my opinion in lineage2 the word Balance dont exist)

balance does not exist in lineage2 in my opinion. your points here are good ! but even like this on lineage doesnt exist the time invul to debuffs.  lets say 1 dagger use bluff on you and it lands then another dagger can use bluff and land it again over an over ( so in my opinion in lineage2 the word Balance dont exist)

The world itself "balance" is misinterpreted. It is not about having an equal chance in PvP.

Edited by Trance

The world itself "balance" is misinterpreted. It is not about having an equal chance in PvP.

anyway i like the way you think and your points are good.  as about custom servers the only thing that every 1 says Pride was balance is  1 cuz back then was only Interlude Client and we ddnt know what is shadow step or what is Party UD and all those new things. even if the old pride c6 opens right now every 1 will say its unbalance cuz now all of them have try higher clients thats all

balance is that a 

Summoner MUST have EQUAL chance VS Titan in a closed box or a big field. EVERYTHING has to be equal.

To do that you have to add the missing stats from classes, for example SPS has low mAtk and high casting speed while SPH has low cast speed and high damage. The solution here is to give the missing matk to Sps and the missing casting speed to SPH UNTIL their stats are equal. Thats balance. Then you have the perfect server

balance is that a 

Summoner MUST have EQUAL chance VS Titan in a closed box or a big field. EVERYTHING has to be equal.

To do that you have to add the missing stats from classes, for example SPS has low mAtk and high casting speed while SPH has low cast speed and high damage. The solution here is to give the missing matk to Sps and the missing casting speed to SPH UNTIL their stats are equal. Thats balance. Then you have the perfect server

Jesus lord I cant believe what I have read right now!!  Atleast I took a screenshot!

Edited by pidi21

balance is that a

You are trolling right?

balance is that a 

lol calm down he is trolling guys 

I'm drunk, so excuse my agony. I see bullshit everywhere. I had to do this!

Balance is what Lineage actually is. Elf relying on his DEXterity, and other advantages that come with race.
The world itself "balance" is misinterpreted. It is not about having an equal chance in PvP.

This is how a custom-pvp server should be made. 99% of the servers never got it.

You have to be careful with skills' chance.
You can not have a custom armor that gives 50% stun resistance, while the resist buff already gives enough resistance for a balanced gameplay.
You need to balance things a bit. This can be done by nerfing the resist buff - transferring a big percentage to the item.
If both of them give insanse stats (item and buff resistance), your resistance will be above logic - having a higher percentage of 99%.
What have you done? You theoretically replaced a resist buff with an item - literally added a new item, and you haven't changed the stats in-game. Pretty cool, isn't?
(the same trick must be applied to all stats)

Make sure you review classes' accuracy and evasion. You should miss no matter what, player or mob.

If your custom items have huge defense stats. Don't freaking do it!
Keep low stats in-game. Most of the chronicles are not designed/supposed to support huge values.

Your enchant system should be decent. Enchanted items above +8/16 are just insane. Don't do it!

Do not listen to players. They can only open your eyes to review things, nothing else. Test everything by yourself, and then apply changes.
Do not make hasty changes. You should have an imaginary map in your head, like a pattern. Once you make random changes, you'll lose it.

Kiss my ass,
Trance

+1 for trance he is drunk and dont know what to say  :happyforever:

All skills should have equal cast range so there is no unbalance with range, but you must nerf archer range aswell. Increase the pDef of mages to match that of heavy users to even more enchance the ingame balance. (because 4-5k from frenzy is too much for today's standards)

Also a good idea is to remove all passive skills and balance ALL the bases stats of the classes. That is true balance, then a prophet player has equal chances against a titan in frenzy

Of course this cannot happen in a single day.

All skills should have equal cast range so there is no unbalance with range, but you must nerf archer range aswell. Increase the pDef of mages to match that of heavy users to even more enchance the ingame balance. (because 4-5k from frenzy is too much for today's standards)

Also a good idea is to remove all passive skills and balance ALL the bases stats of the classes. That is true balance, then a prophet player has equal chances against a titan in frenzy

Of course this cannot happen in a single day.

Don't forget the pets! :lol:

For those who didn't understand the post about range above, I want to explain that "balance" is not only measured in raw damage (DPS), there are other critical factors like range (1st hitter killer), so making all ranges on skills equals gives equal chances to both players.

Strip the server down from item Grades or Tiers, keep a single tier of your choice (D, C, B, A, or S) keep ONE and delete all the other items so the game is fair and enjoyable for all the players, because different item tiers make unbalance.

Now to test your results ingame, take 2 random classes, if they deal different damage you know that you failed. Start over again.