L2Dot Net Interlude Project

Even an oooold badly optimized L2J Frozen running on Archlinux would have greater throughput at ALL aspects than a heaviliy shitty modified Windows Server with a C# project, thats all I have to say you can continue living in your MSDreamWorld without having us interrupt

I hate those e-penis war damnit, specially when a bunch of kids think they own the world and knows everything.

WE are all wrong someone knows always better, just shut the fuck off now

I hate those e-penis war damnit, specially when a bunch of kids think they own the world and knows everything.

WE are all wrong someone knows always better, just shut the fuck off now

Finally someone spoke right.

No one forced anyone to do anything.

If you don't wanna use it (and you shouldn't) don't use it.

I wanna work on something just to see where I can get.

To unfraid.yeah I am well aware about the code state.

After the packet changing I will add dependency injection and introduce a services/repositories pattern to handle queries.

Don't worry about the code for now. I have my priorities.

Edited by .Elfocrash

Uh, writing C# code in Java style can make any C# dev shoot himself into the head... :lol:

Oh i know. It's exactly how i feel. I wanna find the guy and hit him.

Oh i know. It's exactly how i feel. I wanna find the guy and hit him.

This is only the tip of the iceberg... you will find out very soon. Better start a new project from scratch.

This is only the tip of the iceberg... you will find out very soon. Better start a new project from scratch.

It is basically what i am doing. Nothing works anyway apart from some networking which i am working on so i will be deleting and adding.

Small catch up.

Everything seems to be transitioning fine. The new pattern adds a nice level of abstraction and declutters a lot of code which was very dirty because it had actual old style (no using tag, etc) connections in it.

Tons of packets changed (more to come)
Models already replaced the pre existing account and player.
Added the same password hashing algorithm as l2j in case of future data migration.
Dapper got introduced to handle all the object relational mapping, connection making and queries running More about Dapper

Ninject got introduced to handle dependency injection.

The characters and account table has now the identical structure as acis (for data migration).

Slowly but steadily all the unrelated content (kamael ++) will be dropped and replaced with reliable code.

Elfocrash

Edited by .Elfocrash

Experiencing? What do you mean?

Experimenting with C#. It's an open-source project, so you don't care about money, nor to open a server with it.

It is an opensource C# project which i have taken very serious.

There is no experimenting as I know exactly what i am doing and where i am taking this at.

And yeah i don't care about money.

It is an opensource C# project which i have taken very serious.

There is no experimenting as I know exactly what i am doing and where i am taking this at.

And yeah i don't care about money.

You may know, but it's an endless process.

For the second time L2 Warpgate Development team noticed your following up our footsteps which is not a negative one.

Since the moment you have heard us calling out our Private Classic Server you intended on opening a public Classic Project Source assembly based on Java.

Later you announced your lack of motivation and quit.

Then on the 25th March you posted at our Advertising Topic about our Net rework and implementations: http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/195652-l2net-l2-warpgate/?p=2543585

Now your back on track to start a new Project based on Net.

As i said before http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/195652-l2net-l2-warpgate/?p=2547585:

DEV|Supreme, on 09 Apr 2016 - 5:37 PM, said:

(...)

Regarding other classic private servers. We disallow people to post our Server on other forums. It brings a bad reputation and we have always disallowed it plus we dont see others as competition, simply because we need more quality in the private server scene. Our entire community is important to us and I will do anything in my power to provide you guys the best quality possible.

(...)

Anyway Good Luck (again) with the open L2 Net project, hope you won't give false hopes to everyone as your old events...