Contact Details For Vanganth

GF Ext is a joke. Actually it's just a few customs added with PTS Bugfixes. 

How could you compare the job done on C4-> Interlude with the crap done on GF and you have matched prices? GF should be priced 120$ if not less and Interlude max 150$, only because dawid stopped bothering with newcomers.

So, from my side, the solutions that I see right now are AdvExt + SmartGuard or Vanganth with Asmodeus's antibot.

I can't compare the prices because I still don't know how much is the Vanganth extender. :)

GF Ext is a joke. Actually it's just a few customs added with PTS Bugfixes. 

How could you compare the job done on C4-> Interlude with the crap done on GF and you have matched prices? GF should be priced 120$ if not less and Interlude max 150$, only because dawid stopped bothering with newcomers.

Asmodeus, you're professional developer, and you're a lot of time on the market, i hope you understand the obvious fact, that clear GF OFF files, which are in share - its a big security hole. And only few programmers in the world have enough expirience to try to fix it by theirself?

We have enough big amount of customs over this files, and we have about 50% of sources already, in which was invested 5 years of hard work. We give ability to our customers to open succesfull and stable servers, for that we request enough fair money. Even advertising, or 3 months of hardware rent is more expensive

So, from my side, the solutions that I see right now are AdvExt + SmartGuard or Vanganth with Asmodeus's antibot.

I can't compare the prices because I still don't know how much is the Vanganth extender. :)

That's not an option. I've been in contact with Vanganth and we had an agreement so he would implement my antibot on his extender. After I sent him everything I need to be done he never answered back.

Asmodeus, you're professional developer, and you're a lot of time on the market, i hope you understand the obvious fact, that clear GF OFF files, which are in share - its a big security hole. And only few programmers in the world have enough expirience to try to fix it by theirself?

We have enough big amount of customs over this files, and we have about 50% of sources already, in which was invested 5 years of hard work. We give ability to our customers to open succesfull and stable servers, for that we request enough fair money. Even advertising, or 3 months of hardware rent is more expensive

First of all I am not a professional, or even a developer. I code as a hobby when I got free time (well, better than a lot folks in here). Software engineering is priced much higher than what you ask for, but you have to re-consider your market pool, as it's not the same as it was.

I also understand the higher prices because of the split that occurs, after all it's not a single person that is affiliated with advext.

However, I'm not here to judge your pricing, as you have the right to set the prices to anything you wish, I'm just telling my opinion.

Best regards.

Edited by Asmodeus

A few dev that want to work with it you mean, not a few dev in the world :D

If there is so much developers, where are any other extenders except ours, Vanganths, and few private one's like RPG-club ?)

Edited by Xeonc

I also understand the higher prices because of the split that occurs, after all it's not a single person that is affiliated with advext.

However, I'm not here to judge your pricing, as you have the right to set the prices to anything you wish, I'm just telling my opinion.

Best regards.

Thank you for your feedback, we really appriciate it. I just want to tell, that our position is not just like "we just want money and nothing cares".

First of all - we provide to anyone our trial servers for free. Its fully functional server for some days with 20 player online limitation, but it is fully working server. Just enter on our website and order it :) In this days we are in touch with trial users, to provide so much usefull information as we can. We want show - that L2OFF administration is not a rocket science.

Secondly - with all respect to David's work, he long time ago decided to not take new customers, who have no expirience in l2off, and just provide support for few old and well known guys. Its normal - 1-man-team couldn't make all the job. Our position is totaly different - we invest our time in customers learning, guides/hint creations, just our skype support works 50h/weekly, and his duty is skype support and working on helpdesk. We provide not just clear extender and nothing more - we provide a couple of services, we are ready to implement server+web from zero up to key.

And last, but not least - we have really many famous customers, who build succesfull business on base of our extenders, and right now we have 60+ active clients all over the world.

P.S. few days ago we had a discussion with one guy from maxcheaters, who are ready with friends to get few our extenders + smart-guard, we was enough opened for negotiation, we're always close to customers needs and our goal is - leading your success. :)

Best Regards

If there is so much developers, where are any other extenders except ours, Vanganths, and few private one's like RPG-club ?)

He meant people that bother to dev. L2..

Almost no one good enough to RCE will bother with L2 for cash alone. It is pretty much a hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

That's not an option. I've been in contact with Vanganth and we had an agreement so he would implement my antibot on his extender. After I sent him everything I need to be done he never answered back.

You have send me more like idea than something i can easily implement, my free time is quite limited these days, i've moved away from L2. I'll contact you via email and make you an offer in few days. I'm looking for someone who can take care of/continue the IL/GF projects by himself (someone who knows L2Off platform from inside).

To everyone else:

I already said it many times, i don't have time to provide as much support as you all want, so sometimes i don't answer to dump questions that could be easily found via google or by digging in the server script files, (in some rare cases i miss the emails or they go to spam box). In my opinion everyone who want to host a server (be a L2 server administrator) should have some nice piece of knowledge about L2Off, in case if something goes wrong he should know how to fix it.

I'm thinking about selling the extender sources (or at least sharing the access to svn), so if there's someone with good knowledge about asm/c++ and he's owning a server, now he may be able to do this in proper way (the way it used to be 9 years ago, every server admin had own extender).