Bots Prevention _V1.1 (Acis)

Caparso

• 5 months later...

well, ignoring the fact that this code is pretty old - yet none bypassed anything and just keep on talking. love how people compare themselves to the gods of hacking - c'mon, gimme something or you need another year? xD

Edited by Caparso

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This protection is not working with sguard antibot because they override some files related to the way crests are being loaded (this way is utilized by antibot as well)

Edited by zemaitis

• 3 months later...

So does this pop-up when killing an x amount of mobs ?

Doesn't pop up in pvp-raids(ex: baium-valakas)

Sieges and etc?

If that's how it works then this is a really "simple" yet so smart bot prevention.

Even tho adding a working anti-bot nowdays just makes people not play your server. That's what we've come to.

Forgive me if I'm late.

Edited by whatisup

• 2 months later...

Ok so, i managed to use this bot protection on my server. It works, 50%. As far as i can tell. it works ONYL for mage class characters. If I play with a melee fighter, the protection doesnt kick in. Whats that about? O.o

Update:

Sorry for double post..

And i did some more testing, and it seems the system isnt working as long as you kill monsters with MELEE hits...if you use ranged attacks, it works fine. Its not class or race related. Its strictly to ranged attacks only (mages and archers work 100%) any other type thats melee wont trigger the system.

Edited by stalker66
Update

Initial code simply adds a listener on doDie, updatecounter verify if killer is a Player, which basically means summons aren't checked (so summoners will never got  any window, since their pet do the kills) and only affects Monster mother and childrens classes.

There is no check anywhere about melee/range, so even if there are some flaws, shortcuts, and optimizations to do, your problem is external to that.

Edited by Tryskell

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, nykoz said:

This is nice problem xD

Yes... looks like your keyboard PrtSc button not working.. it's terrible :(

Edited by StinkyMadness