How To Check, Remove And Add Zone

In this guide I will explain step by step how you can check, remove and create your zone. Happy reading delf2_7.gif

Chapter I - Checking the type of zone (aCis case)

The easiest way to find out the type of zone is to use admin command //zone_check, accessible also from admin panel, //admin -> server -> zone check.

The output

adjdqr.jpg

Chapter II - Removing the type of zone

Now, when you know the type(s) of the zone (look above) and you want to remove it, go to the corresponding file (all zones are stored inside /data/xml/zones/). For instance, if you want to remove the peace zone, let's say from Primeval Island, you open the PeaceZone.xml and you search for the record. They are mostly commented <!-- xxx -->, so it's not gonna be hard as you think.

<zone type="PeaceZone" shape="NPoly" minZ="-4792" maxZ="208"><!-- primeval_peace2 -->
        <node X="4850" Y="-4736" />
        <node X="7294" Y="-4712" />
        <node X="8529" Y="-820" />
        <node X="3615" Y="-737" />
    </zone>

Simply remove that part of the code, save and voila. The beach is no longer a peaceful zone. Slap some asses alone.gif

Chapter III - Types of zones

First of all, in order to create new zone, you must know possible shapes. From l2jwiki

Cuboid Zones:
-------------

Require 2 nodes (vertices), in order to make a Square, for example:

O . . . .
.       .
.       .
.       .
. . . . O

O = Node (vertice)

NPoly Zones:
------------

Require 3 or more nodes (vertices), in order to make a Polygon or another geometrical model, for example:

O
   / \
  /   \
 /     \
O - - - O

O = Node (vertice)

Cylinder Zones:
---------------

Require 1 node (vertice) and radius, in order to make a Cylinder.

*            O            *

O = Node (vertice)
* = Radius

Chapter IV - Creating the new zone

• Cuboid

Cuboid requires only 2 nodes as it's said on the image above. You must get only 2 nodes/vertices (by typing /loc ingame) and another two will be generated automatically. How? It's simple, when the two lines cross each other, the node is generated.

4uuir4.jpg

Good example of the cuboid shape are Arenas. You get two opposite corners and done.

<zone type="ArenaZone" shape="Cuboid" minZ="-3596" maxZ="0"><!-- dion_monster_pvp -->
        <node X="11947" Y="183019" />
        <node X="12943" Y="184010" />
        <spawn X="12312" Y="182752" Z="-3558" />
    </zone>
  • NPoly

With help of NPoly, you can create any shape you imagine, there are no restrictions, but ofc.. You must create it with your "head", no crossing lines and similar crap ork2_16.gif

ok3pqd.jpg

Most of the zones uses NPoly, here is an example

<zone type="JailZone" shape="NPoly" minZ="-2992" maxZ="-2792"> <!-- gm_prison -->
        <node X="-116390" Y="-251581" />
        <node X="-112756" Y="-251617" />
        <node X="-112720" Y="-248199" />
        <node X="-116354" Y="-248217" />
    </zone>
  • Cylinder

Cylinder requires only one, central point. You declare it's radius with rad="XX". Take the middle point, and simply rush forward, stop in place you want and compare the Y value, that would be your radius. - Image.

20iixt.jpg

<zone type="ArenaZone" shape="Cylinder" minZ="-2320" maxZ="-2120" rad="700"> <!-- hot springs circle -->

<node X="151555" Y="-127082" />

</zone>

When you decided which shape to use and you have the coords, don't forget the set/change it's type (in case you simply c/p another zone structure). If your new custom zone is called FlagZone, then you must declate it under type=" "

<zone type="FlagZone"

Basically, you can put the zone code to any file you wish, but the best way to keep things organized it to create a new file, in that case, FlagZone.xml - you can copy any existing file, rename it, remove all <zone> records and paste there yours. That way you know where to search if you want to add more zones or remove, extend or whatever.

These are the available shapes. X and Y is obvious, now you wonder what should be the Z value. Well, basically Z value depends of the territory shape, if it's plat or bumpy, are there mountains or not. If it's plat, more or less, you should be fine with +-100 from the basic value generated from /loc. You can add bigger to be 100% sure that when someone ride the strider, fly with wyvern, will not leave your zone.

When you are done with creating the zone, now it's time to see if it's working. Launch the server, go to the new zone and type //zone_check, else go to admin panel -> server -> zone check (chapter 1 screen). In case it's your custom zone, you can press Visualize All to see the shape. The result will be dropped adena on the ground, as you could notice on the screenshot above.

Basically, that's it. If I forgot about any case, let me know, so I will update the guide.

Your, SweeTy dw1_4.gif

Edited by SweeTs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I can create new zone but where to put it ? I want to reate 1 no private store zone overall giran and one private store zone in the squad. I create the zone, but i dont know where to put the lines. Look:

mskcut.png

Basically to any file. But to keep it organised you can create new xml file for that type, so later you know where it is.

I will add the adnotation tomorrow.

Yes, for all projects.

Edited by SweeTs

• 1 month later...

This one will be helpfull also for L2JReunion project?

In older chronicles (at least not reworked IL, up to maybe GF), vertices (now called nodes) are stored in vertices.sql. The geometry and forms of zones never changed. I'm also not sure how they handled chaotic spawns in the past.

Except that, the system is basically more or less the same since IL, with few additions depending of L2J revision or fork, such as new L2ZoneType(s).

Edited by Tryskell

• 5 weeks later...

Read above....

Well, basically Z value depends of the territory shape, if it's plat or bumpy, are there mountains or not. If it's plat, more or less, you should be fine with +-100 from the basic value generated from /loc. You can add bigger to be 100% sure that when someone ride the strider, fly with wyvern, will not leave your zone.

i cant understand what minZ and maxZ are and how i must change them depend on every area ...

" Well, basically Z value depends of the territory shape, if it's plat or bumpy, are there mountains or not. If it's plat, more or less, you should be fine with +-100 from the basic value generated from /loc. You can add bigger to be 100% sure that when someone ride the strider, fly with wyvern, will not leave your zone. "

6IFRxBE.jpg

Take a look on the middle position. If you set the min/max too low, when you do a step you will leave the zone (for example, mount the wivern or ride the strider - the Z is higher, boom you are not inside the zone anymore).

Edited by SweeTs

minZ and maxZ basically "shapes" your volume, otherwise it's only a 2D form with X/Y. Thanks to that you can define 2 specific volumes (let's say, a catacomb and the ground just above) as 2 different zone types.

If the min/max Z is wrong, you can eventually merge both zones, or even if the volume isn't reachable never see your area.....

If it wasn't existing, you couldn't see you're either on a catacomb or on ground.

That gives you the opportunity to make also original zones, such as wyvern reachable zones, etc.