L2Jserver Ertheia Branch

Hello there,

We've recently open new branch and started working on Ertheia version, until now we provided only basic client compatibility but in next few days we will start adding some more basic features and supports.

The repository is hosted on github:

Core: https://github.com/L2J/L2J_Server/tree/ertheia

Datapack: https://github.com/L2J/L2J_DataPack/tree/ertheia

Here's a list of features we nearly have ready to push:

http://www.l2jserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=30647

The official Ertheia support forum:

http://www.l2jserver.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=105

Getting started guide for those that are new to git:

http://www.l2jserver.com/#getstarted

Any contributions are more then welcome! :)

Please if you want to start contributing something make sure someone else didn't started it first, especially l2j team members to avoid double work.

Edited by UnAfraid
  • Upvote 1

Nice work and good to see you back!

They where never "away" retard, they had their Lindvior/Tauti/Valiance branches private, till they've found out that Ertheia needs infinite effort that they weren't able to give. So they now look for servants who can do the "dirty" job while they refactor the already working classes by changing variables to final and ArrayList to FastList where possible

Edited by drake2wow

They where never "away" retard, they had their Lindvior/Tauti/Valiance branches private, till they've found out that Ertheia needs infinite effort that they weren't able to give. So they now look for servants who can do the "dirty" job while they refactor the already working classes by changing variables to final and ArrayList to FastList where possible

as I many times said, you need a doc...

lol, that's actually pretty funny :D Love that last bit, if you knew.

But what private branch ? I got mine on Ertheia, but I joined the team to merge it into L2J, I just fucking want it to make my work easier !

Edited by Sdw

Of course Im right, do you even know how many people contributed l2j? At least 100 since l2j project was created. Now where are they? You don't have a single clew, so let me clew you in. They stopped contributing l2j since l2j leaders want labors not contributors. I know many cases of l2j contributors that spend weeks or months on a quest/ event/ engine that even if they where working 100% they never got commited with the excuse "thats not the right way". Okay even if its not the right way don't throw it in the trash can, refactor it as you did lots of times with the already commited and working l2j files. But no, you dissapointed all those contributors and they stopped contributing, created their own projects or even dont give a shit anymore.

L2J has a great source code, I don't doubt it, I share it. But I take as an issue the fact that no matter how good it is as a pack its not complete and it will never be since you want to keep some things private, and I completely understand that.

So, after you lost the biggest part of your contributors, you now crawl into maxcheaters, it is well known that you have no respect for the mxc community and I agree, but don't deny the fact that you want servants to do the dirty work, it sucks

PS: I remember a guy telling me how mad he was with l2j for creating a big retal quest, after lots of testing and reworking it was 100% complete but it was denied

with the excuse "The html - core connection doesn't meet l2off policy"

Edited by drake2wow

Of course Im right, do you even know how many people contributed l2j? At least 100 since l2j project was created. Now where are they? You don't have a single clew, so let me clew you in. They stopped contributing l2j since l2j leaders want labors not contributors. I know many cases of l2j contributors that spend weeks or months on a quest/ event/ engine that even if they where working 100% they never got commited with the excuse "thats not the right way". Okay even if its not the right way don't throw it in the trash can, refactor it as you did lots of times with the already commited and working l2j files. But no, you dissapointed all those contributors and they stopped contributing, created their own projects or even dont give a shit anymore.

L2J has a great source code, I don't doubt it, I share it. But I take as an issue the fact that no matter how good it is as a pack its not complete and it will never be since you want to keep some things private, and I completely understand that.

So, after you lost the biggest part of your contributors, you now crawl into maxcheaters, it is well known that you have no respect for the mxc community and I agree, but don't deny the fact that you want servants to do the dirty work, it sucks

Who are you exactly, because i see you for first time, and you talk like you know everything, but sadly you don't know a shit.

Do you realize that l2j is 10 years old project how do you expect all these contributors to keep going for that long?

There are people that came for few weeks, months and then disappeared because of their own problems, will, lack of motivations and god knows what else.

Things that haven't been committed (Since i am in l2j) are because they either ain't done in a good way, or they lack of something, or they are not retail like.

In either case l2j team members does not have that time to grab every contribution and finish it because their author isn't capable or he's lazy to do it.

Working at 100% is not enough anymore, before it could be, now it is not because the last 4 years we spend reworking the previously 100% working codes because if you touch something all gets broken because it was driven by "magic", sorry we don't believe in magic here.

And private sources.. here we go again :)

devsvn is not used for anything but some tools and the forums and some experimental branch that didn't get any work but instead just getting synchronized from public and because you won't believe any word i say here's a proof: http://pbrd.co/1AjA8BN