Buff Slots Or Something Close

ericvini

Question

Using Gracia Final.

I've tried increasing the number of buff slots by:

a) Increasing the number in the effect of the increase_div skill, but it seems that 4 is the cap that the daemon has. Changing p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;4 to p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;5 doesn't work.

b ) Adding this effect to other passive skills, e.g s_expertise_s, to make it stack (having both skills - increase_div + expertise on the char - p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;4 + p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;4 would be 8 ) doesn't work either.

Anything that can be done with scripts alone?

I have noticed that toggle skills don't count towards the buff slots (or have their own cap of 12 if that exists like s/d and debuffs). Any idea if could I make other buffs count towards this - count on the toggle's number -, instead of the regular buff slots, but keep being a "castable" buff? I have had no luck keeping the buff castable, aka not a toggle, and not counting towards the buff slots number at the same time.

Any other ideas/ pov's would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by ericvini

Using Gracia Final.

I've tried increasing the number of buff slots by:

a) Increasing the number in the effect of the increase_div skill, but it seems that 4 is the cap that the daemon has. Changing p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;4 to p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;5 doesn't work.

b ) Adding this effect to other passive skills, e.g s_expertise_s, to make it stack (having both skills - increase_div + expertise on the char - p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;4 + p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;4 would be 8 ) doesn't work either.

Anything that can be done with scripts alone?

I have noticed that toggle skills don't count towards the buff slots (or have their own cap of 12 if that exists like s/d and debuffs). Any idea if could I make other buffs count towards this - count on the toggle's number -, instead of the regular buff slots, but keep being a "castable" buff? I have had no luck keeping the buff castable, aka not a toggle, and not counting towards the buff slots number at the same time.

Any other ideas/ pov's would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Extending the skilleffect and/or the buff slots is the only way i think.

Your doing something wrong - the p_effect should work fine.

Unless l2server also caps - but since i just removed stuff from there i know it pretty much adds the value from p_enlarge into the total limit.

Skilldata, p_effect from 4 to 6. I changed every skill to be the same and not risk having the wrong level on the tests. The characters have the skill.

skill_begin	skill_name = [s_increase_of_divinity1]	/* [인크리스 오브 디비니티] */	skill_id = 1405	level = 1	operate_type = P	magic_level = 52	self_effect = {}	effect = {{p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;6}}	multi_class = 0	skill_end	skill_begin	skill_name = [s_increase_of_divinity2]	/* [인크리스 오브 디비니티] */	skill_id = 1405	level = 2	operate_type = P	magic_level = 61	self_effect = {}	effect = {{p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;6}}	multi_class = 0	skill_end	skill_begin	skill_name = [s_increase_of_divinity3]	/* [인크리스 오브 디비니티] */	skill_id = 1405	level = 3	operate_type = P	magic_level = 76	self_effect = {}	effect = {{p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;6}}	multi_class = 0	skill_end	skill_begin	skill_name = [s_increase_of_divinity4]	/* [인크리스 오브 디비니티] */	skill_id = 1405	level = 4	operate_type = P	magic_level = 76	self_effect = {}	effect = {{p_enlarge_abnormal_slot;6}}	multi_class = 0	skill_end
4 extra buff slots still work perfectly. If you add one more buff, the first one gets canceled.

It´s not on the client-side only (a display problem), as you can see on the 2 pictures below. The buff that got canceled is the combo matk/mdef one. In the char stats you can see the mdef/matk getting lower.

dOqPHVa.jpg

ss8eOLx.jpg

Adding the p_effect 1 on another passive skill doesnt add up over 4 either (4 from p increase_divinity + 1 from the other passive)

I guess I'm out of luck on this. Is there any script-way to make specific buffs count as a toggle while NOT being a toggle skill (remaining an active skill)? I'm trying to achieve that but nopenopenopenope.

End game, when you have like 8 buffs that can randomly pop-up (resists/wills/subclass skills) this sux. As pure trivia, I remember Ncsoft was supposed to fix this in korea for HF or something after a shitload of complaints, but I don't know if they ever actually did that in HF or waited to make 93129231 combo buffs for GoD.

Edited by ericvini

The only logic is there's a 18h check somewhere - but it seems unlikely.

i'll investigate - there's a possibility the effect code itself checks for > 4 - but im pretty sure abnormal logic doesn't.

After banging my head on this and failing miserably, xRivalx did it for me! My IDA skills proved to be nonexistent.

The .exe was hex edited to accept a max of 16 extra buffs (adding a whole new line of 12 buffs).

Funny how it was a simple number 4.

Uploading the .exe if anyone wants it.

http://www.multiupfile.com/f/0f4eb788

Edited by ericvini

how the fuck could you fuck that up?

it's like litterally going to the offset i provide and finding a 4 and changing it with ANY hex editor.

m2IZnib.png

Edited by mcbigmac

how the fuck could you fuck that up?

it's like litterally going to the offset i provide and finding a 4 and changing it with ANY hex editor.

What about the other offset you gave him? It didn't seem to have anything to do with what he was asking for. You gave him vague information and because of the way you act and treat people on here, he was afraid to ask you for help any further. Its amazing what taking 2 minutes out of your day and showing some kindness can do for people.

Actually your information was just plain wrong. Do this step by step as you explained to him, and maybe see where you lead him wrong?

hook ,0x840442+1

or

Hex edit 0x43f843 with any bytesized number.

Edited by xRiVaLx

...are you blind or intentionally trying to attack me because your angry of revealing what you did to your "clients"?

Not praising you for hooking a few packets and sharing it?

It had everything to do with it - hence you edited it for him.

If he didn't know how to Hex Edit anything - he could google or ask.

Trial & Error is part of the experience of learning.

Come on then - what information was wrong?

Do tell, i'm curious.

Let's ignore my hexeditor picture, showing the 4 at the exact offset in file i mentioned and the IDA picture showing the exact logic that checks against 4 as a maximum.

...and instead listen to the wisdom of the great xRiVaLx.

Well?

I'm not talking about me mac. I'm talking about the way you treat everyone on here. You act like you are some god because you with a select few other people know enough about the daemons to code 'extenders'. Yea Ive made some mistakes, haven't we all? Don't even need to mention the stuff your business partner james has done. All I'm trying to do is help out anyone interested in learning before I leave for good. You would rather keep all the important knowledge with yourself, possibly into your deathbed. I'm not advertising selling shit, or making anyone pay me to help them with a little bit of code. I'm helping bro. Again, all you can do is insult, throw flames, etc.

Edit: I don't need to point out anything specific mac. You make assumptions about people, and what they want, instead of asking them specifics and actually talking to these people, giving them a spare minute or two of your day. What if he was using ida to patch the offset, and not a hexeditor? You tell him to hook offset 0x840442+1 but hex edit 0x43f843 with any bytesized number. Go to 0x43f843 in ida. Tries to hex edit, save, and boom server crashes. He has no clue why. And neither do you. Because you just assume.

Edited by xRiVaLx

I'm not talking about me mac. I'm talking about the way you treat everyone on here. You act like you are some god because you with a select few other people know enough about the daemons to code 'extenders'. Yea Ive made some mistakes, haven't we all? Don't even need to mention the stuff your business partner james has done. All I'm trying to do is help out anyone interested in learning before I leave for good. You would rather keep all the important knowledge with yourself, possibly into your deathbed. I'm not advertising selling shit, or making anyone pay me to help them with a little bit of code. I'm helping bro. Again, all you can do is insult, throw flames, etc.

1. What has jamesy the great poohbear done? (I really want to know - so i can tease his crumpets).

2. Your the only one taking offence like a little bitch (Which totally has nothing to do with History, or our history right?).

3. You've shared no knowedge. Infact the best thing you could have done, is you know do what your mouth says you will do.

see following example:

http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/174382-community-project-open-source-extender-information-window/?view=findpost&p=2321919

His obviously problem is trying to HexEdit with the Disassembler known as IDA.

...which i would have gladly said him had he posted "listen i don't get this shit - why is that i cant save it in ida!".

And i would have replied "Well - for one HexEdit with a HexEditor not a Disassembler. Use any free whatever you can find on google".

Edited by mcbigmac

The only thing I take offense to is the way you treat the people of this community who are trying to learn. I could care less what you have to say about me. I'm not making this about you and me, you are. This conversation is going nowhere, i'm done.