Interlude Project

Before i say anything note that yes, i know that similar topics with this one is around a billion but this one is different.
Anyway , what i'd like to know is what features do you want in a server.

Please, don't stay on the classic things such as , gmshop , custom shop, full buffs, etc.
Focus on features such as weird mods, unique events, a new quest, etc.

Use your imagination and give me a proper idea. Note that some features may not be able to be done.
But as long as a feature, as crazy as it could be, can be supported by the client and the core ofc then we will do it.

Client: Interlude

Kind Regards,

`iAndre.

Example Posts: No 1, No 2, No 3

Edited by `iAndre

Guest Elfocrash

First and foremost "Use your imagination and give YOURSELF a proper idea."

People don't know what they want until you give it to them.

Don't make a server or a feature based on someone else post. Use your own brain and find a good idea.

Pretty sure even if one in a million someone posts a good idea they someone will code it and use it in a better way that you (and every you).

How about creating an event that some groups of aggress mobs will receive an order from one or some champion boss will spawn in random town(Giran, Gludio, Aden,......), they will atk all players and capture that town for one or two hours? The time will be base on the night time ( around 8-10PM in realtime) and all the funtion in that town such as GK, trade, shopping or anything will be disable.

If players cannot regain that town there will be a penalty for all towns and cities such as curse ghost will appears in all cities and decrease all players speed by xx value. If players cannot wipe out all mobs of that event for one week, XP, SP or any value except speed will decrease by 5mil or 10mil depend on how many weeks players failed to regain the cities.

Sry for my bad English.

Server Type Custom Mid-PvP Mixed

Max Level : 85

Rates :

Custom.And what i mean with "custom"?I don't mean custom items and star war stats ofc.

Till 76 Level will be easy for example x100 from 76 Level to 85 rates will be x10

Adena rates x100 for all levels.

Drop rates same like exp rates.

Server Economy:

Adenas

Custom Coins (you will buy A-S Grades with them)

Gm Shop till B Grades

Custom Shop A-S Grades

Buffer (level 1 buffs and no all of them so you will have players with support classes also)

Global Gatekeeper

Now about custom things.

- The Proof Of A Warrior (quest - no repeatable)

It will be instance like.

You will make one npc which from this npc one player with his party (full party will required) will insta teleport to a custom zone which you will select and they will have to kill one mini boss.

After killing that boss one more boss more stronger will auto spawn and they will have to kill this boss and after killing this boss one more stronger boss will spawn again (the last one).

The Rewards:

1st Boss good amount of Exp-Sp

2nd Boss good amount of Exp-Sp and some Custom Coins

3rd Boss will make all party noblesse and also will give a good amount of Exp-Sp and 1 Ticket of Warrior (custom coin which you can buy 1 S Grade Weapon of your choice)

- The Challengers (quest - repeatable)

It will be instance like too.

You will make one npc which from this npc ONLY the clan leader of a clan will insta teleport to a custom zone which you will select and they will have to kill a room with tons of monsters but they will be really strong.

The difference from the previous quest?

In order to teleport on this zone when clan leader clicks to teleport inside they will insta teleport ONLY the clan members of this clan. (Ofc parties will required here also)

And what you have to do?

After clean the whole room one gate will spawn there and clan leader will be teleported with his clan  members to a really big zone which all clans which finish this instance will be teleported there.

This quest will be available only for 5 hours per day.

When the quest time pass and quest close one really strong grand boss will spawn on this place.

Now all clans will have to fight in order to kill the boss and take the drops.

Only the most damage party will take the drops so they will have to fight all clans in order to keep the boss for their clan.

The drops will be RB Jewels and some random parts of A-S Grades armors and S weapons also like Antharas drop for example.

And by killing this Grand Boss all clan members will receive 1 ticked of Challengers.

With this ticked you will be able to buy something good (for example with 20 tickets you can buy 1 week AIO Buffer so clans will need this.

That was my ideas i hope you liked something of them and i helped you to figure out how you will "build" your project, good luck my friend :)

As said Elfo, each people got its own unique view of what they would like on a server. And they can easily play on a game even if some of those features don't exist.

The only points to make a unique server :

• get a coherent background
  • make features related to that background
  • make it fun to play

I'm personally in fond of faction system and events world based games (Rift, Aion, ArcheAge,...). I think the faction system perfectly fits with L2 gameplay. I hate farming. I don't give a crap about world bosses / bosses, but they could easily be revamped to be part of the lore/faction system.

As you can see it's my own interpretation of the game. If I build a server, it will match with my desires, not with players'.

After people already got good ideas in the past : make a pokemon like server, a LoL system, a territory capture system, etc etc. You're only bound to your own imagination. And mine is quite infiniteeeeeeeeeeeeee :D.

Edited by Tryskell

Well, first of all thanks for replying.
Now, as elfo said a proper example must be given so i have add some of the answers in main post.

@Tryskell, i can see your thinking and i really like it. Also, LoL system is under development the last 2 weeks & territory capture system is ready long time ago.

I have start reworking maps for new events, quests, etc. There are going to be new towns. It won't be the classic l2 not anymore at least.

@xdem , i agree with you on that, but there will be always people that they want the classic pvp server or low or mid. So the idea is to create a network of classics & customs servers & 1 unique server.

@Lih & @SpirakosDafuq , thanks for the ideas.

Edited by `iAndre

I'm pretty sure what you and what Tryskell means "LoL System" have a really big gap..

Maybe or maybe not, if he explains it then we will know. :)

if you cant think of ideas ,just copy features from succesfull servers and you're fit! =) ^^

like Tryskell says ,im gonna use my own damn prefferences ,server at my like not at players like ,who dont like hes free to gtfo

Edited by Karasu

if you cant think of ideas ,just copy features from succesfull servers and you're fit! =) ^^

like Tryskell says ,im gonna use my own damn prefferences ,server at my like not at players like ,who dont like hes free to gtfo

I have plenty of ideas but i want to hear other people's opinion too.

About copying other servers, it's useless and i really hate it .. :P

There are so many new games out. ;D

Yeap , plenty of ideas to rip .. :p

Guest Elfocrash

I have plenty of ideas but i want to hear other people's opinion too

Then you are not worthy of having a successful server. Make your plan and stick with it.