Hellbound Pack

Damage formulas have changed from IL to Kamael, it`s pretty well known.

Anyone that is extending HB today is downgrading from GF. C4 to GF involves a shitload of "guess-work" on some basics. Going 2.5 updates down is less work than 4 full updates up.

In GF you already have everything that is needed. I'm bad anyway tho.

Anyway, he wants to buy it, so contact Mac.

If you get in your hands the old HB extender from NExtDev and reverse engineer it, you can get almost everything already done, the only thing would be to dump it all that information into a new extender in order to have better control of the extender itself, there is no point into extending an extender.

If you get in your hands the old HB extender from NExtDev and reverse engineer it, you can get almost everything already done, the only thing would be to dump it all that information into a new extender in order to have better control of the extender itself, there is no point into extending an extender.

....That has to be the stupidest thing i've heard in a while.

It's like deciding to write your own Interlude extender from scratch - when your goal is just to run a interlude server for quick money.

Investment does not even remotely match ROI.

and NextDev was notorious for tons of systematic errors from logic changes to calculations.

Granted there was no other product on the market back then.

...but do tell me a how dumped (and unvirtualizing the critical sections from arma too!) DLL is going to get anyone closer to writing their own ext?

Edited by mcbigmac

....That has to be the stupidest thing i've heard in a while.

It's like deciding to write your own Interlude extender from scratch - when your goal is just to run a interlude server for quick money.

Investment does not even remotely match ROI.

and NextDev was notorious for tons of systematic errors from logic changes to calculations.

Granted there was no other product on the market back then.

...but do tell me a how dumped (and unvirtualizing the critical sections from arma too!) DLL is going to get anyone closer to writing their own ext?

I didn't said that its easy, I know it had tons of bugs but some systems worked properly and getting any kind of information from anywhere its better than starting with only speculations on how stuff works. Its just an example, mac and only works in case someone wants to invest loads of time to finish his own extender. We both know that in most cases learning is not part of people purposes. Don't tell me you believe in the horrific idea of a downgrade from Gracia Final.

I didn't said that its easy, I know it had tons of bugs but some systems worked properly and getting any kind of information from anywhere its better than starting with only speculations on how stuff works. Its just an example, mac and only works in case someone wants to invest loads of time to finish his own extender. We both know that in most cases learning is not part of people purposes. Don't tell me you believe in the horrific idea of a downgrade from Gracia Final.

A downgrade is infinetely easier.

A shitload of systems written and integrated ALOT better than Kiv, denis, me, james, dawid combined - could not do better than ncsoft.

You just have to nop out, and change smaller steps in algorhythms and functions and smaller return hooks.

The GF Core is so much more better structured\organized\coded - and 100x more stable.

(Just like C4 Core is 100x better than working with the C1 core).

C4>HB makes ZERO SENSE to anyone knowledged in how the daemons work - when GF is availeble.

Due to the nature of how structured internal systems i'd even consider GF>IL rather than C4>IL.

It shows you don't know much stuff is oddly inlined and not grouped in a more ... "intelligent" way making changing logic so much easier.

Unless you have the years of work denis\kiv & dawid have - i'd consider it.

How the hell are you going to extract informations from Nextdev\LA2Guard without knowledge of RCE?

How the hell are you going to match hooks and offsets on objects - without verifying in L2Server in the first place?

There's possibly only design angle to gain - if your completely lost on how to design\hook and add a custom system.

Edited by mcbigmac

A downgrade is infinetely easier.

A shitload of systems written and integrated ALOT better than Kiv, denis, me, james, dawid combined - could not do better than ncsoft.

You just have to nop out, and change smaller steps in algorhythms and functions and smaller return hooks.

The GF Core is so much more better structured\organized\coded - and 100x more stable.

(Just like C4 Core is 100x better than working with the C1 core).

C4>HB makes ZERO SENSE to anyone knowledged in how the daemons work - when GF is availeble.

Due to the nature of how structured internal systems i'd even consider GF>IL rather than C4>IL.

It shows you don't know much stuff is oddly inlined and not grouped in a more ... "intelligent" way making changing logic so much easier.

Unless you have the years of work denis\kiv & dawid have - i'd consider it.

How the hell are you going to extract informations from Nextdev\LA2Guard without knowledge of RCE?

How the hell are you going to match hooks and offsets on objects - without verifying in L2Server in the first place?

There's possibly only design angle to gain - if your completely lost on how to design\hook and add a custom system.

Ok i see your point, now look at the guy, he has no idea about extenders, RCE, L2Server daemon, not C1 not C4, not GF. In order to learn how to make a downgrade from GF, he needs to learn EVERYTHING. Tell me of an open source L2Off framework available to date, better than COEP. None, so while he is learning all the stuff he can work on it, make a fork on his own, for his research, study or whatever. At some point he will be writing stuff for it, and without knowing, he will have more than a half of the COEP missing features working.

So at that point, is it still worth going for a downgrade, when you have a framework, that you reworked while  you were learning ? Starting from scratch to go for a downgrade while you've finished buttloads of features while you been learning ? 

The thing is, for people who just wanna start a server it's pointless either upgrading/downgrading based or not any framework. Especially when it's not someone's job, he won't have a class to learn RCE or anything, I guess it would be self-taught and that would take years before being able to read/write/optimise which is not the target of any "server admin".

However, considering "our" target is HB downgrading from GF is the best option. All systems are already built and require nopping of extra stuff and tweaking of updates/tweaks done through updates, also regarding core stability/optimization we all know c1<c4<gf.

Regards