Lets Start From Something @maxcheaters

Maxtor

Ill try to describe all my thoughts on how to improve maxcheaters.com , to bring some activity, and my colcusions on your suggestions in the topic

First of all, i really appriciate all your positive replyies of how to improve this place, and my "repulsion" on the negative ones.

as all people i have my advantages and disadvantages. One of my major disadvantage is that i have a limited free time on spending here,and as a result this causing problems. To resolve this one, i came with the idea of making some basic tasks for my global moderators. How this will work? simple, while im offline they will inform me "on a private list" of things i have to do.This responsibility is making global moderators being more resposible, taking serious actions and do whatever they have access to. (all other actions will be administrator's job). 

For example if globals believe that the forum needs a new skin,or a bug is found, or changing forum settings (such as signature dimensions for example),remaking forum structure, remake basic rules etc,, must contact me. 

If it is something has to do with moderating (sticking/locking/banning/editing) must not contact with me , and do their own judgments on nessecary actions taken (unless its something serious). This is how the administrator inactivity will be solved. 

Onother part is how to bring more activity, interest and motivation in maxcheaters. As mcbigmac said, we need to focus on players. What they are looking for?Can they participate in any way on topics? Our task is to increase their online time on forum. For this to be done we need unique content such as shares, guides, cheats, tutorials , files etc. and guess what, you need  developers/server owners/designers who have the knowledge. If knowledge is shared, then you get more interest by players, and other individuals. Some problems such as scamming,flaming must be erased entirely from this forum, because it is making a lot of people leaving, destroying maxcheaters reputation. 

Guess what? we need very active moderators. Moderating is not only baning/editing/stickying/locking but more than that. Moderators must organise forum content, making usefull shares and guides,posting daily in forum, keeping topics alive, cleaning them on time. Flaming must be removed before it starts, and also banning is not always the solution.

This is not something personal, all past and current moderators have help a lot, but some of them have an expire date (reasons vary,example real life problems, no free time, college etc). Moderators list must be updated in yearly base(or even monthly base), depending on their current activity and participation. 

I really want to know , from the members that left here, who are into helping maxcheaters.com . This includes from moderating to updating content, helping on forum activity, and being a part of the team. If you are one of the members that think maxcheaters is dying, do not even reply on this topic. I want only people who still care for mxc.

So what would help maxcheaters in a few words:

Primary:

1. Making moderators more active , responsible,by giving them tasks to be done.

2. Finding/making the most active moderators team . 

3. Attract players interest, find motivation and making them more active. 

4. Fight flames, scamming and uselless members who ruining the entire forum.

5. Forum cleanup, rebuild forum categories, remake forum rules for members and staffers.

6. Make a toplist for maxcheaters.

7. Add minecraft ,or other games and rework on its contents. 

8. Make active events,including l2 server owners, interactive events.

9. Add unique content for VIP members.

Secondary: 

1. Make a portal for lineage 2 private servers might help also.

2. Rebuild l2mxc or l2rpg servers to bring activity here.

3. Make a review team for l2 servers.

4. Make a review team for marketplace section.

5. Remake facebook, google+, youtube channels.

6. Administrate and post videos at youtube channel made by users.

If you want to be listed for maxcheaters team , please reply here.

This is my vision of remaking the sections, let's improve it and then Maxtor will make it that way.

rpIFMFh.png

Edited by Tяαnce

This is my vision of remaking the sections, let's improve it and then Maxtor will make it that way.

Any chance to make image plain text available for edit to be more compact? ^^

edit: I will do it anyway...

A: [News]

A1: News & Announcements

>>  Votings/Polls

A2: Report Section

A3: Introduce Yourself

B: [Lineage II]

B1: Lineage II General Discussion

B2: Lineage II Cheats/Bots

B3: Lineage II Private Servers

B4: Lineage II Developement

Lineage II Developement [L2OFF]

>> General Discussion

>> [Request] L2OFF Dev Help

>> Shares

Lineage II Developement [L2J]

>> General Discussion

>> [Request] L2J Dev Help

>> Shares

>> Lineage II Developement [Client]

>> [Request] Client Help

C: [Games]

C1: Free to play games

C2: Pay to play games

C3: Single player games

C4: Foreign Games

D: [General Section]

D1: General Discussion

D2: Tutorials

D3: Hacking Programming

D4: Marketplace

D5: Webmaster Zone

E: [Design]

E1: General Discussion

>> Tutorials

>> Request Help

E2: Showcase

>> Gifts

E3: Resourses and tools

F: [Corner]

F1: Off-Topics

F2: Spam Topics

Edited by Stewie

rpIFMFh.png

Nice one, I agree.

There is a problem,currently moderators are choosen cuz of 'locking' and 'reporting' posts or either are your friends. The only good improove was to make g.mods usefull after long time and not just abuse their privs.

Honestly, I didn't quie expect it all to progress any further, but now that I see it's in motion... +1 Maxtor, it really looks like you care about it here.
tumblr_inline_msvxt3zpVw1roj9wu.gif

There is a problem,currently moderators are choosen cuz of 'locking' and 'reporting' posts or either are your friends. The only good improove was to make g.mods usefull after long time and not just abuse their privs.

Absolute truth. Moderators should be taken in for trial periods at which they prove their worth or not.

Now that I'm already here, you mentioned one thing - 'Add minecraft or other games and rework on its contents.' I'd suggest to add Lineage Eternal section, whose beta should take place somewhere in the end of the year. I think it has a huge potential to take a lot attention, especially here, on major L2 forum.
I volunteer to add some content as I've been interested in it for a long time. There isn't quite much we know yet, but I'll add all the pieces of information we need to make a puzzle and possibly contact NCsoft team for any further information. I'm pretty sure xDrac would take part in it as well - he has his own Lineage Eternal website already.

Well, either way you go, I wish you the best luck!

Edited by Herlitz

@L2FinalDestination: Well  that's also an opinion, but it's a bit pity you're new account, your english skills are equeal to special 5th grader and you don't matter at all :( It's a bit miserable though, to create a new account just to vomit comment like this, who nobody cares about  :)

Edited by Herlitz

@L2FinalDestination: Well  that's also an opinion, but it's a bit pity you're new account, your english skills are equeal to special 5th grader and you don't matter at all :( It's a bit miserable though, to create a new account just to vomit comment like this, who nobody cares about  :)

your english aren't even better, and since its so logical that thats not his main account you are not that smart either 

your english aren't even better, and since its so logical that thats not his main account you are not that smart either 

My english isn't better* if you insist, and would you kindly show me where I did the mistake? I'm pretty sure I can call my english skills sufficient with CAE.

But I kind of missed your point there - whether it's a new guy or it's someone who did a new account for this occasion, the output is completely same. I don't want to offend you, I'm just trying to fill some logic to your post. Thanks.

My english isn't better* if you insist, and would you kindly show me where I did the mistake? I'm pretty sure I can call my english skills sufficient with CAE.

But I kind of missed your point there - whether it's a new guy or it's someone who did a new account for this occasion, the output is completely same. I don't want to offend you, I'm just trying to fill some logic to your post. Thanks.

No hard fealings, speak freely 

Rules\Powerstructure:

New specific rulesets that are simple - and hard to interpret in different ways.

GMods and\or a ban-council gain full access to everything, logs, setup, boards, etc.

If you don't trust them - don't make them gmods \ part of the group.

You need more people with power to officially start and manage projects - you can't possibly do stuff alone.

Forum Structure:

We need more games outlined than L2 - instead of putting games inside subcategories.

L2 drives our traffic - but we need it to expand as well for new visitors and putting L2 on a holier than thou pedestal while relegating rest to categories is stupid.

Pick a few games - (MC etc) and pick some individuals who want power to create and build that section.

Have monthly meetings viewing progress in terms of traffic, activity and potential.

Etc:

Consider limiting the GR\RO talk - to specific sub language forums.

This is not an immediate concern in my eyes - but it needs to gradually improve in order to attract more users.

Nikolodous said it in the other thread - in his own weird way - but Western EU is dead including GR.

Be more international.

@XDem:

No shit it's not his main account - but was that post really bloody helpful or neccesary at all?

Politely pointing out - that 1 post accounts whining with horribad english won't be taken seriously - is what's needed.

Driving and raising the mental capacity so all forum people avoid talking like 10 year olds with aspergers - if they want something.

Edited by mcbigmac

Rules\Powerstructure:

New specific rulesets that are simple - and hard to interpret in different ways.

GMods and\or a ban-council gain full access to everything, logs, setup, boards, etc.

If you don't trust them - don't make them gmods \ part of the group.

You need more people with power to officially start and manage projects - you can't possibly do stuff alone.

Forum Structure:

We need more games outlined than L2 - instead of putting games inside subcategories.

L2 drives our traffic - but we need it to expand as well for new visitors and putting L2 on a holier than thou pedestal while relegating rest to categories is stupid.

Pick a few games - (MC etc) and pick some individuals who want power to create and build that section.

Have monthly meetings viewing progress in terms of traffic, activity and potential.

Etc:

Consider limiting the GR\RO talk - to specific sub language forums.

This is not an immediate concern in my eyes - but it needs to gradually improve in order to attract more users.

Nikolodous said it in the other thread - in his own weird way - but Western EU is dead including GR.

Be more international.

@XDem:

No shit it's not his main account - but was that post really bloody helpful or neccesary at all?

Politely pointing out - that 1 post accounts whining with horribad english won't be taken seriously - is what's needed.

Driving and raising the mental capacity so all forum people avoid talking like 10 year olds with aspergers - if they want something.

I doubt you people don't know nowdays most people are actually playing League of Legends.

Community of LoL is hudge and increase daily.

I'm still on-mind that you shouldn't put Lineage 2 in garbage but also focus and re-place games by it's population would help to increase community since interest brings people here... nothing else.

Place game based on how played they are.

Same as developement.

I believe web development is more populated than Lineage 2 development.

And i suggest on focusing things that will bring people in forum but also don't abandon what already have build.

Edited by Stewie

All these words are nice Nick but, the question remains who is going to share his knowledge by sharing? I see no one to try that is the main problem.

As about the very active moderator team you choose who will be with your side.

I have to say it I'm impressed to see something like that written by you really I hope to follow that actions.

Moderators list must be updated in yearly base(or even monthly base), depending on their current activity and participation. 

As about who is going to participate in order to bring activity back, I will if you have any specific plan about that.

For the first time, I see that you really want it. (The change)

Edited by Universe